BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hi my name is Gerri Parker. I am an aspiring nail tech currently taking classes in Georgia. We received an assignment to gather information about other nails not located in Georgia and to do a report on them. I have sent out e mails but none of the salons have been wiling to help out so i figured i would try to post on here and see if some people wouldn't mind giving up a little bit of their time to help me out. I have provided the questions below Smile Feel free to e mail me if it is any easier or just would not like this info posted online ([email protected])

Thank you for your time,
Gerri Parker
Salon:
What educational background do you have as a nail tech?
What are the license requirements you had to meet?
How many months/years have you been in the nail industry?
What would you say is your specialty?
What would you say are your most popular services?
What would you say are your least popular services?
What is the average cost of your services?
What is the average salary of a nail tech in your salon?
On average, how many hours a day do you work?
On average, how many days a week do you work?
What is your busiest day of the week?
How many clients does your business serve a day?
How many clients does your business serve a week?
What percentage of clients are repeat customers?
How has your business expanded since you started?
Do you have plans to expand your business?
What are your plans for the future of your business?
I can see why someone might not want to provide answers to all those questions Smile Good luck with your project!
(08-21-2012, 10:43 AM)georgia.gerri.p Wrote: [ -> ]
Hi my name is Gerri Parker. I am an aspiring nail tech currently taking classes in Georgia. We received an assignment to gather information about other nails not located in Georgia and to do a report on them. I have sent out e mails but none of the salons have been wiling to help out so i figured i would try to post on here and see if some people wouldn't mind giving up a little bit of their time to help me out. I have provided the questions below Smile Feel free to e mail me if it is any easier or just would not like this info posted online ([email protected])

Thank you for your time,
Gerri Parker
Salon:
What educational background do you have as a nail tech?
What are the license requirements you had to meet?
How many months/years have you been in the nail industry?
What would you say is your specialty?
What would you say are your most popular services?
What would you say are your least popular services?
What is the average cost of your services?
What is the average salary of a nail tech in your salon?
On average, how many hours a day do you work?
On average, how many days a week do you work?
What is your busiest day of the week?
How many clients does your business serve a day?
How many clients does your business serve a week?
What percentage of clients are repeat customers?
How has your business expanded since you started?
Do you have plans to expand your business?
What are your plans for the future of your business?

Gerri,

I can see why you're not getting much in the way of responses. Speaking as an educator, this is not a good way to go about getting this info. Even if you did get responses, your info would be just anecdotal. Rather than reaching out to individuals,you should grab a copy of Nails Magazine's most recent Big Book (http://issuu.com/bobit_nails/docs/nails_stats2011-2012) which has tons of information and statistics about the business. You should also read the last year's worth of Nails Magazine for additional info. You can also look up the Bureau of Labor Statistics for data on the profession.

we have to pick places that are not located in the same state as us which makes it hard from the get go but people just don't want to take the time to answer any of the questions... even when i call places and they haven't even heard the questions yet they just simply say they are too busy. The teachers wont let us use magazines to gather the info they want us to talk to an individual :\ but thank u for the info it is something that i will check out just for myself if nothing else Smile
(08-21-2012, 02:42 PM)georgia.gerri.p Wrote: [ -> ]we have to pick places that are not located in the same state as us which makes it hard from the get go but people just don't want to take the time to answer any of the questions... even when i call places and they haven't even heard the questions yet they just simply say they are too busy. The teachers wont let us use magazines to gather the info they want us to talk to an individual :\ but thank u for the info it is something that i will check out just for myself if nothing else Smile

Maybe you can contact the trade associations and licensing boards of nearby states. I think it is unlikely that you can cold call places and get answers.
that link u posted was amazing thank u sooooooo much!!!!!!!