BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Mastering Acrylic - Help Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I've been a licensed manicurist for the past 9 years however I am not as proficient in applying acrylic as I'd like to be. Back when I went to nail school, I was the only nail student so I never really got to do much practicing and technique swapping like I would have in a class with more students. I live in the Los Angeles area and I've tried to find classes to take for this specifically but have not been successful. I thought of watching some YouTube videos but I haven't come across many that were done by pros. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good YouTube channel to subscribe to or a suggestion on how I can get this advanced (yet basic lol) training? Thanks!! Big Grin
Young Nails Tech school is in Los Angeles - you have some of the best educators right in your back yard! I would contact them to see what classes they have coming up, they are reasonably priced and you will learn a ton. Also, check out their website, there are a bunch of video tutorials for everything you need for sculpting acrylic and gel.
(08-18-2012, 02:42 AM)CandiceAE Wrote: [ -> ]Young Nails Tech school is in Los Angeles - you have some of the best educators right in your back yard! I would contact them to see what classes they have coming up, they are reasonably priced and you will learn a ton. Also, check out their website, there are a bunch of video tutorials for everything you need for sculpting acrylic and gel.

Thanks Candice! I did look into their website earlier this week. They actually have a class starting this Monday but it's full and they haven't put any other acrylic classes on their calendar for the rest of the year :-(. I was hoping to jump into this sooner than later! I do see that they have some great you tube videos so I'm definitely going to try and soak up as much as I can from those and pray they have another class soon! ;-)
(08-18-2012, 02:51 AM)cjames83 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2012, 02:42 AM)CandiceAE Wrote: [ -> ]Young Nails Tech school is in Los Angeles - you have some of the best educators right in your back yard! I would contact them to see what classes they have coming up, they are reasonably priced and you will learn a ton. Also, check out their website, there are a bunch of video tutorials for everything you need for sculpting acrylic and gel.

Thanks Candice! I did look into their website earlier this week. They actually have a class starting this Monday but it's full and they haven't put any other acrylic classes on their calendar for the rest of the year :-(. I was hoping to jump into this sooner than later! I do see that they have some great you tube videos so I'm definitely going to try and soak up as much as I can from those and pray they have another class soon! ;-)

I realize is may be a drive by you do have the NailPro show in Sacramento coming up. Is there a class you could take there? If not, there are many pros on YouTube and Young Nails are great to watch. You just need to know who to search on YT. Also are you on FaceBook? If not, then that is a way to connect with a lot of techs that have videos or at least post videos of some great videos.

This is educator is in the UK but her videos are great. She has some from form application to correct filing and smile lines for liquid powder and gel.
Gemma Lambert <<-----click here
Thanks for the info Anna! I'm going to check out her videos.
Also try Tammy Taylor. She is a good educator. I have many of her videos & watch them over & over. She also gets in to different services like backfills, acrylic toes & nail biters. She has a good range & you won't be disappointed. Sign up on her website & you can print a practice sheet for free. I had been out of the business for a while & when I decided to come back, I contacted several companies looking for product. I had to re-take the practical exam & wanted the products I was accustomed to using. TT was the only company that returned my call & really listened to my problem. I gave them my license # & they were able to see that I had been a previously licensed customer. When I ordered the products I needed, I also got the practice sheet for free. I laminated mine so it's easier to clean when you're finished. HTH..
This is a new video that we just uploaded. It shows the acrylic technique that we teach our students. Hope this is useful for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fvHiXtLg...ature=plcp
Bob
Thanks Debora and Bob! I will check out both. You can never have too many resources! ;-)