BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: ibd new gel polish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Confused hi could use my gelish base and top coats with ibd new gel polish thanks peeps x Smile
(08-13-2012, 03:36 AM)ro ro Wrote: [ -> ]Confused hi could use my gelish base and top coats with ibd new gel polish thanks peeps x Smile

HNH says that you can use gelish base and top with any brand's gel polish color.
(08-13-2012, 10:38 AM)NancySyd Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2012, 03:36 AM)ro ro Wrote: [ -> ]Confused hi could use my gelish base and top coats with ibd new gel polish thanks peeps x Smile

HNH says that you can use gelish base and top with any brand's gel polish color.

thank you thats a great helpSmile
Hi you can but it's a bear to get off! I recently had to switch gel base and top coat to CND Shellac. I use it with gelish, and IBD and soak off time is much better in my opinion.
Yes i second that!! I use my shellac top/base with all of my gel polishes. I have used the gelish top/base...and i know this is going to sound odd--- but i thought it was so thin and didnt hold up as well as the shellac topcoat. And gelish is the one who advertises 3week wear....but i didnt see that.
But ya...dont think u cant mix lines bcuz its simply not true. Find what you like and stick with it. Im not trying to sound synical...but im actually surprised that CND hasnt tried to "change" their formula so it doesnt wear as long. Just like how gelish changed theirs....more thin- coverage poor..averging more coats...etc...
u know....hiking up prices and lowering the quality..what most companies do over time.
Oh welll....went off on a tangent-+didnt I??? Lol.... long day scrubbing carpets Smile Smile
(08-13-2012, 06:56 PM)Telia Wrote: [ -> ]Hi you can but it's a bear to get off! I recently had to switch gel base and top coat to CND Shellac. I use it with gelish, and IBD and soak off time is much better in my opinion.

I agree that Shellac base/top is much easier to remove, but CND Shellac is adamant that you must use Shellac as a system, so that usage is not allowed. Also, Shellac doesn't cure in LED so you have to use UV. I find OPI base/top every bit as easy to remove as shellac, plus it has LED cure.
Well, every company will tell you that you wont get the best results if you dont use their 'complete' system. This simply isnt true. Ive been using the shellac system since it came out and when OPI came out with theirs.....i had a terrible experience with the top coat (totally another topic in itself)... so I just used the Shellac t/b...and also with gelish...
NO problems.... So, dont limit yourself ...
Just like OPI says to use thier prep (which is alcohol...way overpriced)....anyhow... all the companies do it--- but all of us know that its simply false.
I am not saying to NOT not do it...you do whatever you feel comfortable with...all I am stating is its possible with no adverse affects.. SmileSmile
And ive heard alot of ppl on here say that they use OPI top/base and it comes off easy. Every single time I have used them..I have to FIGHT to get it off.... meaning I have to file the top and free edge first before I even wrap them...the same with gelish.
Shellac truly, truly is the only product that comes off in only 10 mins...with a orangewood stick...no problems whatsoever. That was another reason I only use their top/base coats because of the ease of use. Its twice the money too...bcuz their bottles are only .25oz for the smalls.
Oh well...thats just my 2 cents..lol Smile
oh and i was gonna ask...what are you guys doing differently that the OPI comes off so easily?? Im adament too when it comes to my work....I am a perfectionist when I work...and I cannot get it to loosen up nicely. Im interested in hearing your experiences... thanx !
(08-14-2012, 10:14 PM)anointdhndz Wrote: [ -> ]And ive heard alot of ppl on here say that they use OPI top/base and it comes off easy. Every single time I have used them..I have to FIGHT to get it off.... meaning I have to file the top and free edge first before I even wrap them...the same with gelish.
Shellac truly, truly is the only product that comes off in only 10 mins...with a orangewood stick...no problems whatsoever. That was another reason I only use their top/base coats because of the ease of use. Its twice the money too...bcuz their bottles are only .25oz for the smalls.
oh and i was gonna ask...what are you guys doing differently that the OPI comes off so easily?? Im adament too when it comes to my work....I am a perfectionist when I work...and I cannot get it to loosen up nicely. Im interested in hearing your experiences... thanx !
Try Luxio's base and top coat. It does come off in 10 minutes or less. And I use all sorts of gel polish with it. IBD, Entity's, Shellac, Gelish and Luxio's. The only thing I add to it is a little of the PB from Young Nails just on the free edge, you will have to lightly buff it first to let the acetone work.Where there is no PB comes off in sheets. Plus with Luxio's there is little to no residue left on the nail.Smile
(08-14-2012, 12:27 PM)NancySyd Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2012, 06:56 PM)Telia Wrote: [ -> ]Hi you can but it's a bear to get off! I recently had to switch gel base and top coat to CND Shellac. I use it with gelish, and IBD and soak off time is much better in my opinion.

I agree that Shellac base/top is much easier to remove, but CND Shellac is adamant that you must use Shellac as a system, so that usage is not allowed. Also, Shellac doesn't cure in LED so you have to use UV. I find OPI base/top every bit as easy to remove as shellac, plus it has LED cure.

(Yesterday 11:27 AM) NancySyd [1]

I have been curing Shellac base and top coat with a LED light with no problems at all. I don't believe everything these companies say I mix and match all the time. I try every process on myself to test the combinations. I personally didn't like OPI's base/top coat. And Gelish was too hard to soak off.
(08-14-2012, 10:14 PM)anointdhndz Wrote: [ -> ]And ive heard alot of ppl on here say that they use OPI top/base and it comes off easy. Every single time I have used them..I have to FIGHT to get it off.... meaning I have to file the top and free edge first before I even wrap them...the same with gelish.

Really!? I find OPI comes off as easy, if not easier, than Shellac. I do find that OPI Expert Touch makes a big difference over acetone. I use Graham Hands Down Wraps and I often add a touch of heat with a microwave pad. But my OPI comes off almost completely with a twist of the wrap. And I like that OPI is an LED curable polish.

I know that some people use LED for Shellac base and top but CND says that's a no-go which means it won't be covered by insurance. I try to stay within a system if possible, but certainly understand mixing it up. If you look on the international boards, they are crazy for staying within a system; I think we are less concerned abut it here.