BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Lace with Shellac/Gelpolish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a client that wants lace on her ring fingers for her wedding...... Has anyone ever tried this?? Huh Any suggestions would be great!

Thank you!!! SmileSmile
Iuse to do laces. Iused a thinner lace, cut pieces to fit the nail, either on a diagonal or lengthways so that the edge showed. I polished and placed the lace piece on wet polish. I let it dry a bit and applied top coat. With gel, I would apply to the tacky layer and then apply top coat and cure. You can always trim with scissors and/or a file on the free edge.
Awesome! I was thinking it needed to be a thinner fabric lace..... someone suggested using lace stockings!! I'll play around with it and see how I do!

Thank you so much!!
I have tried to put the lace on the tacky layer before but find that it works better if you apply it to a thin layer of uncured gel. Occasionally I use some plastic wrap and wrap it around the finger and use that to keep it in place when curing.
As another suggestion, Nail Grafx at http://www.nailgrafx.com has delicate and beautiful lace decals that can be layered over the nail for some lovely effects.

These are not your average nail decals - very high end and not cheap looking at all. Very easy to use. Just a thought...
Thanks for all the help! SmileSmile

I found the Nail Grafx and I'm going to try that!! They had a few lace ones that will be perfect!!