BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: OPI GEL POLISH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How many coats are you using for full coverage

Thanks
just 2 needed
Depends on the color.

most colors tho 2 & sometimes 3 for a dark color b/c I use super thin coats
Ya it depends on the color....lincoln park is one that pools really bad (hate it!!)....& pompei purple is another one that shld be shot...lol..but some of them are really really nice. Its strange tho bcuz over the years my fav bubble bath has went from a sheer creamy pinky color to a nude....weird. but ya....all the lines are like that tho. Some colors are awesome while others are junk..Smile
Thanks for the responses, so it looks like all gel polishes are taking 2-3 coats. I currently use Gelish and have to use 3 coats for darker colours.
I just bought some Alpine Snow to do french with, can I do it in one coat or will I need two? The girl at the supply house seemed to think I'd only need one which is really what I want.
Gelish Neon colors are horrible about coverage
Takes 4-5 coats for the yellow esp.
but when it's done it looks nice so it's worth it Smile
I normally do just one good coat of the alpine snow Donna. And the great thing is it doesnt wrinkle and get super thick like the shellac white does....yay
..so i only use the OPI white now. Sometimes i will go back and ad another coat to even up the coverage..but most of the time its not necessary!!! I bet u will like it better than the shellac..it just takes awhile to get used to..Smile
Quick tip for neons, I put a thin layer of white under any colour I want to POP!! I also found that with the OPI line you really have to shake the living crap out of it to mix it all up for the best coverage.
(08-15-2012, 04:20 PM)jodyjoy Wrote: [ -> ]Quick tip for neons, I put a thin layer of white under any colour I want to POP!! I also found that with the OPI line you really have to shake the living crap out of it to mix it all up for the best coverage.

yes it definitely makes the color pop!!!!
The IBD neons are really nice.