BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Handicap Pedi ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey gals, need some of ya'lls advice. Got a call from someone who told me they were in a wheelchair and wanting a pedicure. Pretty sure I know what to do, but thought I'd get some of your wonderful tips on how to handle this type of pedicure. Any ideas or tips? TY
Hey ladies, no advice?? No one done a wheelchair bound pedi?? :-( Could use ya'll's expertise!! Thank You!
I have a client who has MS and is in a wheelchair. This may not work for everyone, but this is what I do. Her wheelchair is electric, so I don't have to worry about it moving around while I'm working on her feet. I put the foot rests up on her chair and use a footsie bath for her to soak in. I have to help her lift her feet up and into the tub and also out again. I let her soak for a bit and then cut and file her nails. I sit on the floor while doing her pedicure and rest each foot on my leg while working on her toes. I never have to worry about any sort of callus treatment since she doesn't walk her feet are extremely soft. So, I mostly just soak her feet, cut and file her nails, do any cuticle work needed, apply a little lotion and polish her nails. We don't always polish since she wears socks most of the time and she would have to wait quite awhile before we put them back on. But on the occasions when we do, she brings sandals she can wear until her nails are dry enough to put her socks on. It's definitely more work than a normal pedicure and tough on my old back sitting on the floor, but she is always so grateful!
(08-06-2012, 01:05 AM)Sherrie90630 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a client who has MS and is in a wheelchair. This may not work for everyone, but this is what I do. Her wheelchair is electric, so I don't have to worry about it moving around while I'm working on her feet. I put the foot rests up on her chair and use a footsie bath for her to soak in. I have to help her lift her feet up and into the tub and also out again. I let her soak for a bit and then cut and file her nails. I sit on the floor while doing her pedicure and rest each foot on my leg while working on her toes. I never have to worry about any sort of callus treatment since she doesn't walk her feet are extremely soft. So, I mostly just soak her feet, cut and file her nails, do any cuticle work needed, apply a little lotion and polish her nails. We don't always polish since she wears socks most of the time and she would have to wait quite awhile before we put them back on. But on the occasions when we do, she brings sandals she can wear until her nails are dry enough to put her socks on. It's definitely more work than a normal pedicure and tough on my old back sitting on the floor, but she is always so grateful!

Thank you Sherrie for your response. Appreciate it greatly!