BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Gelish Dr Armour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does this product also cure properly with regular UV ,or is it strickley LED only ? Want to try it ,but I need it to cure with both...would any of you recommend it ?
Just realized I made a typo...oops ! The thread title should read : Gelish Dry Armor....Smile
That product is about to be recalled. It's being re-formlated. So hold off buying it for now.

But to answer your question, you will be able to cure it in LED or trad. UV lamps.
Thanks for the update ,and valuable info ! Smile

I am just starting to use the gelish system. I want to do long lasting french manicures, but only on the natural nail. Would you suggest using the structure or the dry armor gel to help strengthen the manicure? Or is the dry armor and structure when building an artificial nail?

Thank you for your help!!
So if it's being recalled, do we return what we have and where should we send it? I have a brand new bottle I purchased at the IBS show in Vegas, but haven't used it yet.
(08-14-2012, 07:57 PM)k4maynes Wrote: [ -> ]

I am just starting to use the gelish system. I want to do long lasting french manicures, but only on the natural nail. Would you suggest using the structure or the dry armor gel to help strengthen the manicure? Or is the dry armor and structure when building an artificial nail?

Structure is a soak off gel. You can use it over weak or damaged nails. It can also be used to transition your client from acrylic or hard gel. You can fill with it until the other product has grown out. Be sure to still use Foundation and Top it Off.

Dry Armor is a no cleanse hard gel sealer to be used over hard gel or acrylic. Do not use Dry Armor on natural nails.
(08-15-2012, 02:14 AM)Sherrie90630 Wrote: [ -> ]So if it's being recalled, do we return what we have and where should we send it? I have a brand new bottle I purchased at the IBS show in Vegas, but haven't used it yet.

I'm sorry, 'recalled' is the wrong word. The original poster hadn't purchased it yet, so I suggested waiting until it has been re-formulated.

If you want to keep it and exchage it, once the new formula is released you can. But I would use it. You just need to make sure it's a generous coat. If you're used to no cleanse sealers it's fine. But if you don't apply enough, it can crack. So just make sure you're liberal with it. Also wait a few seconds after curing for it to cool down so you get the best shine.

I also would recommend, that if you're using Gelish color over an enhancement to use Top it Off as your top coat.
(08-15-2012, 09:47 PM)jb100680 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2012, 07:57 PM)k4maynes Wrote: [ -> ]

Structure is a soak off gel. You can use it over weak or damaged nails. It can also be used to transition your client from acrylic or hard gel. You can fill with it until the other product has grown out. Be sure to still use Foundation and Top it Off.

Dry Armor is a no cleanse hard gel sealer to be used over hard gel or acrylic. Do not use Dry Armor on natural nails.
(08-15-2012, 02:14 AM)Sherrie90630 Wrote: [ -> ]So if it's being recalled, do we return what we have and where should we send it? I have a brand new bottle I purchased at the IBS show in Vegas, but haven't used it yet.

I'm sorry, 'recalled' is the wrong word. The original poster hadn't purchased it yet, so I suggested waiting until it has been re-formulated.

If you want to keep it and exchage it, once the new formula is released you can. But I would use it. You just need to make sure it's a generous coat. If you're used to no cleanse sealers it's fine. But if you don't apply enough, it can crack. So just make sure you're liberal with it. Also wait a few seconds after curing for it to cool down so you get the best shine.

I also would recommend, that if you're using Gelish color over an enhancement to use Top it Off as your top coat.

Can I use the Dry Armor over a gelish color- that is not structured as "fake-nails" ?? Thanks!
[/quote]

Can I use the Dry Armor over a gelish color- that is not structured as "fake-nails" ?? Thanks!

[/quote]

No, Dry Armor is designed as an enhancement sealer.