BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: NSI vs CND
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been a CND girl since the beginning and have always been battling some sort of an issue. I decided to give NSI a try, reading on here that its very similar in workability and consistency. I did not find that even close to the case. If i didnt work with a super wet bead, the product would set super fast (it was not comp speed). Apparently my #8 brush wont hold enough liquid so i need to buy a #10 or bigger.
I did try the NSI powers with the retention liquid and it gave me much more play time, but i wanted to switch the entire system.
The whole point of switching was to help with my issues and not create more!! Any suggestions? I was also thinking of trying out YN. Are they easier to work with? I WANT SIMILAR TO CND BUT BETTER!!! Smile thanks
I didnt like NSI either. Young nails and entity are super easy to work with.
Ive use CND for 10 years and still use it most of the time. Seems like I have some sort of issue with every line which is most likely me, so I go back to CND.
Ive used CND for years and like it. However...if i cld have my choice i wld chose entity. If you get the regular system it has the same set time mostly...nice workability..and holds up well. They also have the best brush hands down!!! The starter kit w brush is fairly priced too.....u shld try it. But dont make the mistake of jumping lines too much. You have to learn the systems ins and outs to see what its capable of. Stick w one line and master it. Unless u r using some crazy acyrlic from a drug store they all hold up pretty well. Normally its the tech who is causing the problems by not prepping well, or scultping the nail wrong....etc. we shld be able to make beautiful nails with any line....just stick with one. HtH SmileSmile
(07-18-2012, 09:51 AM)getnailed20 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been a CND girl since the beginning and have always been battling some sort of an issue. I decided to give NSI a try, reading on here that its very similar in workability and consistency. I did not find that even close to the case. If i didnt work with a super wet bead, the product would set super fast (it was not comp speed). Apparently my #8 brush wont hold enough liquid so i need to buy a #10 or bigger.
I did try the NSI powers with the retention liquid and it gave me much more play time, but i wanted to switch the entire system.
The whole point of switching was to help with my issues and not create more!! Any suggestions? I was also thinking of trying out YN. Are they easier to work with? I WANT SIMILAR TO CND BUT BETTER!!! Smile thanks

I used CND for 10 years and switched to NSI 7 years ago and love it. It is a little faster than a standard set like retention but not a speed set. It should be worked with a med wet consistency. The one thing I used to do is over work it (because that's what I was used to with CND) Allow the product to start self leveling and let it work for you. I have to do very little filing after I apply and my application time is much quicker now too! If your liquid is stored where it could get warm or if the temp where you do nails is warm that would really affect the set up time too. Hope that helps!