BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Gel Polish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just wondering how many techs really soak off the gel Polish or just file it off.

I do both. Soaking seems to take to much time while filing seems faster. But I don't want to file anymore of the natural nail.

Any input will be great.

I soak shellac wrapped in foil 5 minutes and its done. i warm the fingers with my hand while we talk Smile
This is a second time this question has been asked. U can prob do a search and find the other thread...but it seemed that alot of ppl used their efile rather than soaking.
I still wrap in foil/cotton and that way i can finish the previous client while my next one is soaking....filing is just more work!!!!!!
I gently file to break the seal of the top coat and then soak, takes less than 10 mins.......no biggie for me, just have em come in a little early.
I do both. I used to only soak, but since I got the safety bit from Young Nails now I mainly file, but also soak if my client prefers that.
it depends on if it's their natural nail under the color or there's a layer of hard gel. If it's natural nails, I use a Quick Soak bowl with lots of oil in with the actone to remove it. I've tried all the foil methods, and for some reason, it's just not getting the stuff off easily. I may use more acetone but in the long run, I'm not damaging their nails trying to pry the stuff off their nails. I've let it soak 15 min., checking at 10 min. and it'll just barely be coming up. Now, I pour the mixture in one side of the Quick Soak and file their nails to remove the top coat and break thru the color. The first hand goes in to soak while I work on the other. I can have the color off in about 10 min.

If it's over hard gel, I file it off.
I currently use the Young Nails safety bit to break the seal and file off topcoat on the natural nails before soaking....over acrylic ,or hard gel ,I file it all off...
(07-19-2012, 08:34 AM)lexibunny Wrote: [ -> ]I currently use the Young Nails safety bit to break the seal and file off topcoat on the natural nails before soaking....over acrylic ,or hard gel ,I file it all off...

This is what I do too
I use to use acetone but now have switched over to OPI Expert Touch. I do the foil method. I book soak off's the last 15 min of the appointment prior. Makes my life so much easier and less drying on the nails and skin.