BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Nailogic Gels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wondering if anyone has used Nailogic 1-step Gels? Their website looked interesting and the prices aren’t bad. I’m just looking for a one step gel with medium to thick viscosity any suggestions would be great. And any info on Gel nail classes in Missouri would be great.

Thanks
Imho i do not like them. The school where i got my instructors hours used it and i didnt like the gel or the guy that taught the class. They go on ok but their brushes are cheap, his application was way to harsh on the natural nail, and the flash during cure? Omg i though i was going to die. Honestly i wouldn't bother, find a company that has a solid reputation. I really feel like he was there only to nickel and dime my students and sell them stuff. only thing i learned from him and it was a good quote actually, "you only make an ugly gel nail if you put an ugly gel under the light".
Thanks for the info on their gel. I’m just on info overload lol too many gels to choose from I want one gel for everything and if I need a top coat then that would be fine too lol I have samples of NSI balance gels but I feel like it’s really think maybe it’s just my application I do need to practice more. I guess I should dig my old hand from school out of the box and do them over and over. :wink:
Have you checked out TEN? It's a medium viscosity gel that doesn't pool at the cuticle like most others. It's one step, and you use pigments to make your colors. Their customer service is the best ever.

http://www.tuffenuffnails.com/
as far as practicing, make sure you practice some on your own hand to so you can get a feel for a heat spike if it produces one. Determine when you need to pull the hand out for a second and go back in to avoid or minimize it... for a lot of clients, all it takes is one finger feeling that spike to never want gels again!
plus if you put it on your own hand, you can judge for yourself how it wears... You never REALLY know what a client is doing to them once they leave your chair, but you know what you do during the day...
Ok i just checked them out and i think im going to try and get the TEN basic french kit to start with and they had a few powder mix ins for free so i added those too.
stylus from nailite is very affordable if your looking to be able to build easily with it or just overlay, lisa will send out samples
(12-08-2011, 12:39 PM)CloudNineNails Wrote: [ -> ]Imho i do not like them. The school where i got my instructors hours used it and i didnt like the gel or the guy that taught the class. They go on ok but their brushes are cheap, his application was way to harsh on the natural nail, and the flash during cure? Omg i though i was going to die. Honestly i wouldn't bother, find a company that has a solid reputation. I really feel like he was there only to nickel and dime my students and sell them stuff. only thing i learned from him and it was a good quote actually, "you only make an ugly gel nail if you put an ugly gel under the light".

First of all, I have been a nail tech for 30 years and have used Nailogic gels for 13 years. Have had nothing but wonderful help from the people at Nailogic. They are a great company to work with and answer the phone not an automated system! My clients can go as long as 4 months (due to illness) without fill and no lifting. As far as the "Flash" if you had listened to the educator you would know that all good gels have a reaction under the light, some more then others. I was told to go in and out of the light until is goes away, usually only a couple of seconds. I think you need more education before you decide to dis a company or their products!
Christrio gels are great - you can ask for a sample from them- easy to work with, 1 step, strong, shiny, minimal filing, minimal heat if any- keep it thin helps too!
Check out their website & their YouTube videos to see how easy to apply.
My 2nd fav is Light Elegance- easy to use higher priced, needs a bonder, great product though. My 3rd fav is Akzentz - they have a new hard gel that's LED curable- no heat! Check out Gel Essentials Gina Silvestro - awesome!
I've tried soooooooo many- each are good in their own way - Nailite, Rock Hard, Masterworks - try a few & find a gel that works for you!
Good Luck!
Nailite's Stylus gel is a one step gel. You don't even need top coat. Been using it for a couple of years and love it. Great price.
(12-08-2011, 12:08 PM)MitcheleSheree Wrote: [ -> ]Wondering if anyone has used Nailogic 1-step Gels? Their website looked interesting and the prices aren’t bad. I’m just looking for a one step gel with medium to thick viscosity any suggestions would be great. And any info on Gel nail classes in Missouri would be great.

Thanks

I have been using Nailogic gels for 7 yrs. and really like them. Have tried other products, but go back to Nailogic. The prices are good, customer service is great. Any questions or problems, I just call and they are "on it" immediately.The gels are easy to use, last longer than other products that I have tried, & don't discolor. It's very rare for one of my clients to come back w/ a chipped nail or a "pop off". They also provide free education w/ DVD's,tutorials on the website & you tube. As with any new, or different product, you may have to work with it a little, to get the feel of it.
(02-26-2014, 09:55 PM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Christrio gels are great - you can ask for a sample from them- easy to work with, 1 step, strong, shiny, minimal filing, minimal heat if any- keep it thin helps too!
Check out their website & their YouTube videos to see how easy to apply.
My 2nd fav is Light Elegance- easy to use higher priced, needs a bonder, great product though. My 3rd fav is Akzentz - they have a new hard gel that's LED curable- no heat! Check out Gel Essentials Gina Silvestro - awesome!
I've tried soooooooo many- each are good in their own way - Nailite, Rock Hard, Masterworks - try a few & find a gel that works for you!
Good Luck!

I was going to ask about Christrio (saw some great 3d nail art on their site). I still have some clients the other products are not quite "there"... I'll keep trying for improvement...

sounds like you have used quite a few... my biggest problem is, of course, the clients with thinner nails... do you have a recommendation of the products you have used?

The other clients, I agree, Light Elegance, I've also had good results with Tuff Enuff's Ploygel, Amore' and Gelousy
Tuff Enuff's Linkage really helps the thin nail clients but.. still, I'm hoping for better adhesion
Had a great run with Biosculpt but... then the adhesion went away and I never figured out what happened...
not the most "even" of products either
@ Wendy I love YN protein bond - I always use this - I wasn't crazy on their gels but that bonder is great!
If there's a sample or trial kit - I'll get it & try it on me & my gf's.
I've even had one hand one brand & the other hand another to compare strength, shine, durability, etc.....
(04-28-2014, 05:56 AM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]@ Wendy I love YN protein bond - I always use this - I wasn't crazy on their gels but that bonder is great!
If there's a sample or trial kit - I'll get it & try it on me & my gf's.
I've even had one hand one brand & the other hand another to compare strength, shine, durability, etc.....
Interestingly, the Protein bond did not work as well for me as Linkage... there can be so many variables....
I will try it again with other gels though, I know many who swear by it