BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Protein Bond and lifting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

I have been using Protein Bond and have quite a few clients lifting. Most are lifting at the cuticle and some are even lifting down the sides of the nail. I tried applying two coats of Protein Bond and placing hands under the UV light which is recommended by Young Nails for problem lifters. This didn't seem to help. I make sure I take my time during prep as I know how important it is for proper adhesion. Does anyone have any suggestions or do you know if I can use Bondex with the Young Nails acrylic products?
I havent had a lot of lifting probs with protein bond. Are you using gel or acrylic? Lifting at the cuticle and sidewalls could be improper prep, too much product applied at the cuticles and sidewalls or that the product is touching the cuticles and sidewalls. I was having this issue and it was resolved with a magnifying light so I could see better and flash curing each nail until I built up speed. Another problem could also be over filing in those areas to compensate for the bulk of product in that area.

If you could outline your prep steps, maybe that would help. I thought my prep was the best, but realized that just brushing off the nail plate after prep wasnt enough and I needed to cleanse it with alcohol. acetone, or swipe etc.
Another issue could be that the bottle is contaminated. Once the bottle gets low, if you'll look at it carefully, you'll see it's got little 'bits' floating in it. One of those can cause lifting and once it's low in the bottle, it's hard NOT to pick some of it up with the brush. I always throw mine out when it's down to the last 25%. Otherwise, I get lifting and greenies.
I use to use pro. bond now I use linkage. I LOVE linkage.I feel it works better.
I have recently started using protein bond ,not only because I have switched over to using Young Nails products ,but I have found it useful in many other applications. Check to make sure that your prep is meticulous ,which I think you mentioned is pretty much up to par, but also that your thickness around the sidewalls and cuticles is not to thick or touching skin anywhere...
I love Linkage too, but have lost two of the larger bottles, half way down, just over night decided to seize up on me. plus it gets gooey beforehand. I clean my lids and the brush before replacing, and it still happens, I have tried using a separate brush and the cotton swabs, etc. Its too expensive to keep loosing that amount of product. So I have gone back to using YN protein bond.
I too have used Protein Bond and Linkage...and still yet I keep going back to Nailites "something wonderful"....it works FabulOus!!! and is a fraction of the cost of the others--- (although, they have had a price increase within the past few months)...but its still under $8 a bottle and I think its around $17 for a 4 oz size....
Im telling you guys...try it!!!!!!

I still use my Azentz Affixit bottle tho...and have gotten into the habit of using the one ended cotton swabs instead of the brush. You dip it once and can do all 10 nails with it...No cross contamination at all. Zero. Zilch..none.

Call Lisa and ask for a sample...you wont be disappointed!!! Smile...and NO...i dont represent the company..lolWink
(07-03-2012, 12:57 AM)anointdhndz Wrote: [ -> ]I too have used Protein Bond and Linkage...and still yet I keep going back to Nailites "something wonderful"....it works FabulOus!!! and is a fraction of the cost of the others--- (although, they have had a price increase within the past few months)...but its still under $8 a bottle and I think its around $17 for a 4 oz size....
Im telling you guys...try it!!!!!!

I still use my Azentz Affixit bottle tho...and have gotten into the habit of using the one ended cotton swabs instead of the brush. You dip it once and can do all 10 nails with it...No cross contamination at all. Zero. Zilch..none.

Call Lisa and ask for a sample...you wont be disappointed!!! Smile...and NO...i dont represent the company..lolWink

now... that is one I hadn't tried...
I did mange to nearly manage the complications of Linkage... but... too much difficulty getting the product, or getting it in good shape...
I've been making my own tiny swabs (omg) keeps product from thickening longer (tried various brushes, etc) but... not much good when order doesn't arrive...

will go look at "wonderful"
nailite my source for bulbs... best prices