BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Sephora Has Own Gel Polish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone!! I usually don't go to this store, but was looking for a particular product and saw, displayed right at the front door when you walk in, Sephora's own store brand gel polish with this little, bitty UV light. Was surprised to see this! How many more gel polish lines can there be out there?? Confused
ulta has 1 too
One of my clients was talking about her daughter-in-law who purchased a DIY kit for $50 and how she might try it to do her own toes (I offer Shellac pedis but she's never gotten one). I politely told her that I couldn't speak for any non-professional products, but that all directions should be followed to a T because of the risk of overexposure and the fact that once allergic to gel, always allergic to gel. She replied that her daughter-in-law is a chemical engineer so "she knows all about that stuff".

At that moment I felt like my license was pretty much worthless.
I'm pretty sure my grandmother has her own line of gel polish the way they are popping up these days. I think people are always going to DIY, but there is still the population that enjoys being pampered and receiving a professional service. The mindset we must have as nail techs is, Clarol Nice and Easy and Tony home perms didn't put licensed cosmetologist out of business, so they arent going to faze us either!!!

I mean come on, people can TOTALLY polish their own toenails and scrub off the dry skin but many will still rather pay us to do it because I don't care how many you tube vids or purse forums you read to learn how to DIY, massaging your own feet SUCKS.
Sephora is "OPI for Sephora" brand. Light in the kit is LED w/30 second cure. One could reasonably assume that it is basically the same as their pro line OPI Gelcolor.

@TrinaLuna, a chemical engineer should know all about contact dermatitis and developing allergies as a result of repeated exposure. Don't fret, she probably can't do decent smile lines Smile
I'm not worried at all about DIY! Wondering how many more gel polish lines are going to be out there. I think it's hilarious and the light looks like it couldn't even cure one finger, let alone a whole hand. Wink
(06-21-2012, 04:16 PM)foxydiva Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure my grandmother has her own line of gel polish the way they are popping up these days. ...

Lol she probably does! I saw an add in NAILS for a S/O gel polish private labeling company. I'm launching a line for my lil Shorkie Max next week called "Gelious Maximus." So keep your eyes peeled. Tongue
(06-22-2012, 11:34 AM)mysweetjordan Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2012, 04:16 PM)foxydiva Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure my grandmother has her own line of gel polish the way they are popping up these days. ...

Lol she probably does! I saw an add in NAILS for a S/O gel polish private labeling company. I'm launching a line for my lil Shorkie Max next week called "Gelious Maximus." So keep your eyes peeled. Tongue

Wooohoooo, if yours is cheap, sign me up. Needing to save me soma money, honey! Tongue

(06-22-2012, 07:07 PM)Luvglitter Wrote: [ -> ]

Wooohoooo, if yours is cheap, sign me up. Needing to save me soma money, honey! Tongue
You can be my Chief Educator!

(06-22-2012, 10:07 PM)mysweetjordan Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2012, 07:07 PM)Luvglitter Wrote: [ -> ]

You can be my Chief Educator!

Yahooooo, I be smart now!!Tongue