BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Just had someone say they wont wear shellac cause they go tanning???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This girl that works at my day job with me she wont wear Shellac cause she tans. I asked what do you mean and she said i watched a report that if you go tanning and wear shellac your cancer risk is like way higher. I told her getting gel polish equals 1 to 2 mins in your car or walking outside. She said back "Well i dont care i believe what i read and see on the news not a nail tech." I let her have it lol. I told her if any of my clients or future clients believed that i would have to fire them for being ridiclous, ignorant, and believeing everything they hear on tv and the internet. She then said oh well im still not getting it. Well she was going to a nss and now isnt getting nails at all now since her hubby was layed off. I think maybe she is mad seeing all the pretty shellac on me all the time lol I know that she will never be my client no matter what. She is even mean about her hair after my friend in another salon does it she comes into the office and bitches aqnd moans about it being terrible.
Oh my.... I wouldn't want her as a client anyways. Sounds like a big PITA!
Yeah she isnt the smartest lol oh well its her loss and my gain of not having to deal with her ever again since i told her off and today is my last day at my day job
Good for you! No point in arguing with ignorance.
Let me see if I've got this right???? She isn't worried about going tanning and what cancer she will get from the tanning bed, but is more concerned about getting cancer from our little UV light???? What sense does that make???? NONE!!! Can't fix stupid!~!
she had to have made that up! I've never heard THAT one!
(06-19-2012, 09:49 AM)MitcheleSheree Wrote: [ -> ]This girl that works at my day job with me she wont wear Shellac cause she tans. I asked what do you mean and she said i watched a report that if you go tanning and wear shellac your cancer risk is like way higher. I told her getting gel polish equals 1 to 2 mins in your car or walking outside. She said back "Well i dont care i believe what i read and see on the news not a nail tech." I let her have it lol. I told her if any of my clients or future clients believed that i would have to fire them for being ridiclous, ignorant, and believeing everything they hear on tv and the internet. She then said oh well im still not getting it. Well she was going to a nss and now isnt getting nails at all now since her hubby was layed off. I think maybe she is mad seeing all the pretty shellac on me all the time lol I know that she will never be my client no matter what. She is even mean about her hair after my friend in another salon does it she comes into the office and bitches aqnd moans about it being terrible.

I'd be tempted to tell this "lady" that you heard on nail tech boards that being constantly exposed to stupidity is contagious and you can't talk to her anymore because your risk of exposure increases exponentially every time she speaks....What a twit.. I don't like negative nelly's and ones that dont have the good sense to actually research things are even worse.

Wow, just wow.....