BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: my finish gel brush cured!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm so annoyed! The brush in my finish gel bottle has hardened! Is there any way to "refresh it? It's hard! The gel in the bottle is fine and I can apply it with a gel brush, but this is annoying!!!
Anyone else have this? Any way to fix it?

(clearly I was using it in sunlight or something... not sure exactly what happened)
There's really not anything you can do about it except find another cap/brush to fit the bottle. Most likely, the sunlight or a lamp close by that cured the brush. I would think where you're storing the bottle is the problem. If it's clear, (which is shouldn't be), keep it in drawer out of the direct light or sun.
I've cleaned my bottle brushes with acetone before and put them back and they were fine.
(06-18-2012, 01:32 PM)C-C My Nails Wrote: [ -> ]I've cleaned my bottle brushes with acetone before and put them back and they were fine.
Hi Claudia
You got cured gel off a brush with acetone?
Cindy

it's stored out of sunlight for sure!
I tried cleaning it with acetone, but it didn't work!!

I'll try finding another brush that fits! thanks!
(06-18-2012, 09:54 PM)cindy3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2012, 01:32 PM)C-C My Nails Wrote: [ -> ]I've cleaned my bottle brushes with acetone before and put them back and they were fine.
Hi Claudia
Cindy

Soak of gel polish. That's why I said Bottle Brush. My TIO brush got stiff because it is used so often. So I just took the brush out of the bottle soaked it for a minute in a dappen dish of acetone, got it all clean and dry, used a wipe soaked in acetone to clean up around the lip of the bottle and closed her back up!
(06-19-2012, 09:33 AM)C-C My Nails Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2012, 09:54 PM)cindy3 Wrote: [ -> ]
Hi Claudia
Cindy

Soak of gel polish. That's why I said Bottle Brush. My TIO brush got stiff because it is used so often. So I just took the brush out of the bottle soaked it for a minute in a dappen dish of acetone, got it all clean and dry, used a wipe soaked in acetone to clean up around the lip of the bottle and closed her back up!
ohhhhhhh ok...my finish gel is hard gel...thats how i got confused!
Cindy