BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Stilettos!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I had a client ask for stilettos! I was SCARED! I have never done them before... SO here they are! Tell me what you think! GOOD AND BAD PLEASE I can take it, my skin is thick!

[Image: DSCN0423.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0434.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0431.jpg]
I love your color choices & detail.
I'm not a fan of the stiletto's or Duck/Flare nails but these look very pretty
I am not a fan of them myself but FUN to do!
Love the colors you chose!! I think stilleto's are so pretty when they are long and very tapered. I don't like them so much when they are shorter, just my preference. But I think you did a great job, especially for your first set.
Great job on your first set! Love the colors and the art work, too. I also preferred them more tapered but then the client might not like them like that.

The main thing I'm seeing is not all the nails are consistently the same taper, some are a bit thicker at the beginning of the f/e. Its kinda hard to tell much tho, from the angle of the some of the nails. The one thing I've found with stilettos is each set is better than the last one, you learn more about how to structure them each time. Hopefully this client will continue to want them and you'll be able to hone your skills!
(05-26-2012, 10:54 PM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote: [ -> ]Great job on your first set! Love the colors and the art work, too. I also preferred them more tapered but then the client might not like them like that.

The main thing I'm seeing is not all the nails are consistently the same taper, some are a bit thicker at the beginning of the f/e. Its kinda hard to tell much tho, from the angle of the some of the nails. The one thing I've found with stilettos is each set is better than the last one, you learn more about how to structure them each time. Hopefully this client will continue to want them and you'll be able to hone your skills!

Thanks for the great input! I felt the were to wide as well. But since she is 18 I thought any more and she might break them! I hope she lets me keep going with them as well!
Great job, I love the design work! I second what Donna says on consistency, but they really do look great and will continue to improve as you get more opportunities to practice. I am Certain that they look more Dangerous in person too, don't understand why we lose the "sharp point" in pics. Smile
love the colour choice and not too sharp lol so avoiding any...ahem...embarrassing accidents :-D
I love stilletos! Those are great for your first time!
Sachi, its tara....these rock girl!! Im impresed, what forms did u use?
(05-28-2012, 09:13 PM)StellaAmante Wrote: [ -> ]Sachi, its tara....these rock girl!! Im impresed, what forms did u use?

I did not use forms! It is sculpted Smile <3 miss your face!
(05-29-2012, 12:36 AM)sachi Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2012, 09:13 PM)StellaAmante Wrote: [ -> ]Sachi, its tara....these rock girl!! Im impresed, what forms did u use?

I did not use forms! It is sculpted Smile <3 miss your face!

So if you didn't use forms and you say you sculpted, must mean you didn't use tips.............what DID you use????
I'm dyin to know!!

Denise
I used forms. Opps I have had the flu I read it to be tips lol. I used these http://www.beautywests.com/creativenaild...300ct.aspx
I love the color combination and design. Very beautiful. Are these gel or acrylic?
Oh Sad I thought I was gonna learn something new Big Grin

They are very pretty Smile
They are acrylic. I did them all one color. CND pink, then used shellac and did rockstar on them to ass the glitter, that way I can file it of super fast, do a fill new color and bam done. less filing makes me happy.
(05-30-2012, 12:43 AM)sachi Wrote: [ -> ]They are acrylic. I did them all one color. CND pink, then used shellac and did rockstar on them to ass the glitter, that way I can file it of super fast, do a fill new color and bam done. less filing makes me happy.

Ass the glitter............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Yes, I'm a 12 year old boy Big Grin
(05-30-2012, 09:49 AM)onyxkeeper Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2012, 12:43 AM)sachi Wrote: [ -> ]They are acrylic. I did them all one color. CND pink, then used shellac and did rockstar on them to ass the glitter, that way I can file it of super fast, do a fill new color and bam done. less filing makes me happy.

Sad thing is, I'm pretty sure I've assed my glitter on a busy rockstar toe day....I think glitter has some kind of super power to permeate clothes I swear....

ROFL! OOPS
(05-30-2012, 04:03 PM)foxydiva Wrote: [ -> ]

Sad thing is, I'm pretty sure I've assed my glitter on a busy rockstar toe day....I think glitter has some kind of super power to permeate clothes I swear....

Glitter is like Herpes, once exposed you NEVER get rid of it!Big Grin

I love them....
Nice colors that mingle with each other.
I find you could go a tad bit closer with the product to the cuticle.
But beside that great job.
Love them great colors