BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Responsible reporting on the UV cancer issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the first responsible news report I have seen regarding UV nail lamps and cancer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2603122.shtml

They still tried to sensationalize it a bit by stating the UVA is three times the amount of the sun, but then they come back and qualify it by saying that 1 minute in the lamp is like 2-3 in the sun and that you likely get more exposure on your way to the salon then in the salon.

I would keep this bookmarked in my phone, then if a client has a question about it, I would play it for them following up with a few comments highlighting the facts.
Thank you for sharing that Erick! I would say that this news report will be the easiest one, for those not in our industry, to understand. I will bookmark this one too.
I use these of gloves . They are inexpensive and I can change them frequently. I got it on Amazon.
search Amazon for Escali anti uv gloves.
(05-25-2012, 06:05 AM)Darcy Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for sharing that Erick! I would say that this news report will be the easiest one, for those not in our industry, to understand. I will bookmark this one too.
I use these of gloves . They are inexpensive and I can change them frequently. I got it on Amazon.
search Amazon for Escali anti UV gloves.