BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: California Roll Call!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who all here is from California! What area are you in? I'm in Tehachapi.
Sacramento!
Chino Hills Smile
Citrus Heights/Sacramento here!!
How long have you ladies been doing nails? I got my license in early 2001 and worked for 2 years, on commission for about 9 months then booth rent. I got pregnant with our second daughter and was considered a high risk pregnancy. I spent 5 months on bed rest and let my license expire. Complicated delivery and a sick baby.... Life just got in the way and I never renewed my license. I am currently studying to take my boards over again and can't wait to get back in to the industry. So much seems to have changed.

Do you guys rent or work commission? What is the average booth rent here? What is the average commission? Did you guys take the old exam with a live model or the new exam with a dummy hand?
I've been doing nails officially for about 2 years. I am a commissioned employee at 50/50 with my employer suppling all product, towels, beverages, insurance, as well as a portion of our earnings is matched for future training. Our commission levels are tiered, meaning they change more in our favor as our clientele and income grows. I think average booth rent in nor cal is from $400-900 depending on the area.

I took the old exam with the live model, so I can't offer any first hand knowledge about that experience. Try reaching out to one of the local beauty colleges and see if they can offer any assistance.
Ouch! When I worked commission it was 60/40 and the salon supplied my product, when I went booth rent at the same salon I paid $80 per week. Then again we are in a rural area so perhaps that's why it was less expensive here
Carla Collier is in Tehachapi, I'm in Carmel.
I'm in Cypress, which is only a few minutes from Long Beach.

almanorgirl

Lake Almanor, Northern California
Get out! There's another tech on here from this tiny town? That is so cool! We just moved back to California after living in AZ for the past 9 years. Are there any classes here in Cali besides the ones at ISSE?
Orange County
You have Carla in your town; she can teach you anything : )
How do i go about getting ahold of her? Would she mind?
She's on Facebook, or you can email: [email protected]
Awesome! Thanks!
Citrus Heights
I'm in the San Francisco Bay area. Smile
(05-18-2012, 12:23 PM)PrecisionNails Wrote: [ -> ]You have Carla in your town; she can teach you anything : )

She is a lucky girl and doesn't know how lucky she is to be that close to Carla.

Oh I may not know how lucky I am yet but I am truly excited! I have messages her on Facebook and sent her an email as well. Hopefully she will be willing to help me out!
Looking for someone that can do true gel nails in Glendale Ca or someone close by for a really great client message me [email protected]
Fresno.... (central Cali)
I'm in Bakersfield
Ok, another poll question.... I have been looking at service menus around town and the prices seem to be all over the place. What do you charge for a full set? Acrylic or gel?
I'm in Vallejo. I'm just starting out, and would love to get info on going mobile if any of u ladies are familiar with it...thanks in advance... (maybe I will make a post about it)