BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Another causulty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a call this morning from one of my gel clients asking to switch over to ac because she saw Dr Oz Thank you Dr oz...
Cindy

sobeit

Why not print out Doug Schoon's info and give it to her before you make the switch, or tell her to use sunscreen. That walking to her car gives her more UV than the lamp. These clients, I hate when they listen to one little piece of info and then decide its killing them. Ugh.
http://www.schoonscientific.com/UV-Nail-Lamp-Facts.pdf
(04-26-2012, 11:58 AM)sobeit Wrote: [ -> ]Why not print out Doug Schoon's info and give it to her before you make the switch, or tell her to use sunscreen. That walking to her car gives her more UV than the lamp. These clients, I hate when they listen to one little piece of info and then decide its killing them. Ugh.
http://www.schoonscientific.com/UV-Nail-Lamp-Facts.pdf

Thank you Peggy, I printed it out... I'll let you know what happens cause i know if she is scared of the uv light she will be petrified of the acrylic ...lol
Cindy

sobeit

I sure hope it helps. These scientist tested the lamps, know their science behind them, and know 1K times more about it that dr. Oz or our clients, should be able to dispell her fear based on phony news and lack of any research.
I find the UV lamp thing completely ridiculous ! Does anyone consider all the time they have spent on vacation ,on the golf course ,in tanning beds ,etc., etc., over the course of their lifetime ? That is what causes skin cancer ,not a tiny shot of UV from a nail lamp...morons !!!! Like , seriously ,think about it people ! Duh !
I have one client who wears fingerless gloves to her appointment. I explained the facts to her the first time she came, but she couldn't be swayed. She is a wonderful, regular client. There is no convincing some people, and I don't want to be dismissive of her concerns, so it's not a big deal. She wanted to use sunscreen originally but I told her it might cause lifting problems if any of it remains on her nails, and she didn't want to have to deal with that (nor I).
It wasn't that long ago that everyone was jumping TO gels because the "experts" were touting it as safer than acrylic. People need to learn to do a little consumer research, not just believe people because they are on TV.
Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil are both on my list at this point. I've had three clients this week asking me about my lamp. I pointed out that they all tan, and a tanning bed bulb is around 100 watts PER BULB, so it's a little silly to fuss over my piddly 36 watt lamp.
It's funny how people don't hesitate to put nail chemicals such as acrylics on their nails....hair color on their hair....makeup on their skin.......but they now won't go near a gel light. Do they not even think?
(05-02-2012, 08:05 PM)sbwalnuss Wrote: [ -> ]Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil are both on my list at this point. I've had three clients this week asking me about my lamp. I pointed out that they all tan, and a tanning bed bulb is around 100 watts PER BULB, so it's a little silly to fuss over my piddly 36 watt lamp.

My client came in and I switched her over to acrylic which is no problem cause i love acrylic. : ) She took the printout home to read. She came in missing 3 nails so i dont think she was doing that great in the gel anyway. I have clients that can go more then 3 weeks in the gel...i would never recommend that but they do it and don't have problems...im glad i have an alternative anyway. Im tired of the fear mongering on tv.
Cindy
(05-02-2012, 08:43 PM)ColleenNY Wrote: [ -> ]It's funny how people don't hesitate to put nail chemicals such as acrylics on their nails....hair color on their hair....makeup on their skin.......but they now won't go near a gel light. Do they not even think?

Colleen your so right...i did ask her if she new all the nasty ingredients in her makeup, which are banned in other countrys. Listen something is going to take us out, if my lamp is going to do it at least my nails will be beautiful when it happens...hahaha
(05-02-2012, 08:05 PM)sbwalnuss Wrote: [ -> ]Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil are both on my list at this point. I've had three clients this week asking me about my lamp. I pointed out that they all tan, and a tanning bed bulb is around 100 watts PER BULB, so it's a little silly to fuss over my piddly 36 watt lamp.

actually its only 3 or 4.. 9 watt bulbs in there, not 36 watts, so its even more ridiculous that people buy into everything they hear. I swear people think Dr. Oz is GOD or something.
Melanoma can occur without the sun. Basal cell is from the sun.