BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: cuticle remover.what do you suggest?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what do you use?i currently use from cnd but wanted to ask how you compare blue cross to cnd or if you can suggest something better!
Pure acetone is the cheapest, fastest and the best.
I use blue cross and it is cheaper and more efficient than the CND cuticle remover I have. I have never tried acetone to push back cuticles though. Learn something new everyday...
I dont like the Blue Cross at all. It burns my skin irritates my nasal passages and my lungs! I find it very suffocating.

I like, in no particular order, VB Cosmetics Be Silky cuticle remover, Dr. G's Cuticle Exfoliator (both have urea) and CND's.
this is what I use. I love it!! http://www.bigdaddybeauty.com/p-2348-pro...r-4oz.aspx
(04-20-2012, 12:33 PM)sachi Wrote: [ -> ]this is what I use. I love it!! http://www.bigdaddybeauty.com/p-2348-pro...r-4oz.aspx

P.S you can get this at Cosmo Prof
hmm now i got mixed up..
Just wanted to say I absolutely have no idea how I came up with "acetone" as an answer for your question......not sure where my head was at but obviously it was not where it should be. For some reason I was thinking the ? was about polish removal. Duhhhh.....

For the record, I use Blue Cross also...definitely to remove cuticles.
(04-20-2012, 09:22 PM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to say I absolutely have no idea how I came up with "acetone" as an answer for your question......not sure where my head was at but obviously it was not where it should be. For some reason I was thinking the ? was about polish removal. Duhhhh.....

For the record, I use Blue Cross also...definitely to remove cuticles.

I think you had us all scratching our heads on that one lol!
I like blue cross. I was unaware that it had a smell
Blue Cross is very good and not costly at all. I find that of you're a soaker, you can just add it to the water for good results.
I use Tammy Taylor's cuticle remover on natural nails, when I do enhancements I soften them with my anticeptic spray as I don't want to risk having residues of the cuticle remover on nails, and then push back cuticles or use my efile to clean around...
I know this may sound odd but I use a mixture of water a small amount of peppermint & tea tree oil in a small glass spray bottle.
I spray it on & I swear it works great & is all natural..plus it smells great & is very relaxing. I ran out of my basic stuff & decided to try this as I needed something to use..I was amazed that it softened so well.. & plus the tea tree oil serves a a natural antiseptic to anyone that has lil cuticle boo-boo's
I also use it for my dry pedicures...geez I use it for allot of stuff actually..it smells heavenly when I spray my towels & heat them up for spa pedis & manis
Just don't use allot of the peppermint oil or it will be REALLY strong smelling LOL