BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Sogp broken nails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does everyone do when a client comes in and has a broken nail when doing gelish sogp? How quickly can a repair be done? I'm just worried about time if I did book to allow for gelish repairs. What do u all do and how much do u charge with repairs??
I would never do a free repair for sog, I book 15 minutes for a repair. Since I tend to run on time or a little ahead, I will usually ask them to come in about 10 minutes before the previous service is scheduled to be finished - I've had sog repairs take about 8 minutes and I've had them take 20! By booking them 15 minutes but having them come in 10 minutes early, they are there as soon as I am ready and I finish within their scheduled time.
Thanks! What do u use to repair the sogp broken nails? If the clients nails have grown out and they want the broken nail to be the same length as the longer natural nails..?
Also what do u do if the client come to there scheduled sogp fill and they broke some nails and new a repair? I mean as far as timing goes. I'm worried that if I schedule a half hour for soak off and new application, and they broke 2 nails, how will I get them out the door in a half hour with the repairs?!?
Also what do u do if the client come to there scheduled sogp fill and they broke some nails and new a repair? I mean as far as timing goes. I'm worried that if I schedule a half hour for soak off and new application, and they broke 2 nails, how will I get them out the door in a half hour with the repairs?!?
IMO the beauty of sogp is it is a polish hybrid that last up to 2 weeks on natural nails. I let clients know that this is a natural nail product and service. If they break a nail we file them down and start over. If you start repairing and extending their nails to match they are no longer in "natural nail" world. They might as well be done with it and get an acrylic overlay. The only exception for me would be a special occasion. If they chip, if I have free time I will repair it and charge. But a little matching polish on the chip will usually do until they get them re done. JMHO
Hello Smile! Here's a link to a video Holly made about repairing Shellac nails with fiberglass. This is the method I use, but you can use it with other sogp brands, too Smile. I do not charge extra for nail repairs because they are so quick, but if a client has more than three nails with cracks, I strongly suggest for them to be filed down and start fresh!

http://www.nailsmag.com/video/91602/fing...in-shellac
I do not do "extensions" for sog services - it is strictly an overlay on their natural nails - so to me it doesn't matter how many "broken" nails they have when they come to their appointment as I simply remove the old product and re-apply the sog. Typically I shorten the nails quite a bit, as appropriate for the service, so for the most part that evens out their nails. I do have one client who has thumbnails that tend to split (they have for many years) so I do a hard gel overlay on those two nails, followed by the sog. I charge $5 extra on her service to fill the gel and apply the sog.
Depends what kinda break it is. But I charge $5 extra for any repair or tip

small to med breaks
I use a lil fiberglass wrap, glue & powder acrylic (it works very well, lasts, looks natural & grows & soaks off nice)
But big repairs I would gel with SOG clear gel & a tip
I've repaired small cracks on the sides with a piece of silk or fiberglass wrap and just the SOG base. The repair is invisible and holds up the full two weeks for most.