BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: sogp chart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
should i use the base and top coat for my sogp when making my chart for clients? thanks
You can forgo the base, but not the top coat Smile.
ok thanks I'm gonna do mine later tonight
If you have the clear tips or color wheel/board you are putting the sog on, put it on the under side, then you don't have to waste your top coat
(04-07-2012, 09:36 PM)CandiceAE Wrote: [ -> ]If you have the clear tips or color wheel/board you are putting the sog on, put it on the under side, then you don't have to waste your top coat

That's a nifty tip!!
Thank you so much
(04-07-2012, 09:36 PM)CandiceAE Wrote: [ -> ]If you have the clear tips or color wheel/board you are putting the sog on, put it on the under side, then you don't have to waste your top coat

I tried this on a couple of nail sticks. I found the sticky left on the back annoyed me though, and if I wanted to see a color layered over it, then tried to wipe it off with alcohol it made the clear of the nail stick cloudy, so I had to redo those swatches.

I do 2 layers of color and then topcoat on all my swatches.
2 coats color sometimes 3 & topcoat.

I always do three coats color ,and topcoat. Three coats not only looks richer ,it always gives good coverage ,and in my opinion , a better representation of the color. Any of you know where I can order those color wheels ? My local Cosmoprof is out of them a lot ,and when they do have them ,I can only ever get one or two...grrr! ,lol...
(04-10-2012, 11:07 PM)Gelishly Wrote: [ -> ]

I tried this on a couple of nail sticks. I found the sticky left on the back annoyed me though, and if I wanted to see a color layered over it, then tried to wipe it off with alcohol it made the clear of the nail stick cloudy, so I had to redo those swatches.

I do 2 layers of color and then topcoat on all my swatches.

I haven't had any problems with the sticky layer, because after curing I wipe it off, same as if I were doing a nail on a client. I use a wipe with just water to clean the clear tip if I demonstrate the layered look. There's really no reason to use alcohol if all you've done is put the color on and take it right back off - it comes off very easily with a wet wipe (water).

sobeit

I don't waste my SOGP topcoat. I use regular out the door polish as my top coat on my SOGP display wheels or color pops. I don't wipe the sticky layer off either. Just cure my coats and apply the out the door. I have done it this way since their release. No problems with the top coat drying, smudging, or pitting.
(04-11-2012, 07:32 AM)lexibunny Wrote: [ -> ]I always do three coats color ,and topcoat. Three coats not only looks richer ,it always gives good coverage ,and in my opinion , a better representation of the color. Any of you know where I can order those color wheels ? My local Cosmoprof is out of them a lot ,and when they do have them ,I can only ever get one or two...grrr! ,lol...

You can get them on eBay. I have the 50x clear false nail art tips sticks polish display fan (under $5). I prefer these over the color wheels because I can easily remove or add colors.