BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Bacteria
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The other day I heard someone advise those with a compromised immune system (chemo and radiation patients) to bring their own polish because salon polish can have bacteria. However, they did not talk about base or top coat, which I would have thought would be the same...

I always thought that it was not possible to have bacteria survive in polish, or else the state would be all over it for sanitation reasons...but I could be wrong. Does anyone know if this is true?
(03-20-2012, 05:16 PM)Malea Wrote: [ -> ]The other day I heard someone advise those with a compromised immune system (chemo and radiation patients) to bring their own polish because salon polish can have bacteria. However, they did not talk about base or top coat, which I would have thought would be the same...

I always thought that it was not possible to have bacteria survive in polish, or else the state would be all over it for sanitation reasons...but I could be wrong. Does anyone know if this is true?

I believe you should print this info and give to her for future reference.
You will see the info you need along with lots of other great info here. <<----click

(03-20-2012, 05:30 PM)Nail Raising Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2012, 05:16 PM)Malea Wrote: [ -> ]The other day I heard someone advise those with a compromised immune system (chemo and radiation patients) to bring their own polish because salon polish can have bacteria. However, they did not talk about base or top coat, which I would have thought would be the same...

I believe you should print this info and give to her for future reference.
You will see the info you need along with lots of other great info here. <<----click

and another source

http://www.nailsmag.com/qa/81864/how-is-...orry-about

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you Anna!