BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Jamberry nails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OMG! Has anyone seen or heard about this. The product is like Minx, but it's an at home business that you do not need a license to sell! You can have a party & the distributor comes to your location & puts then on your nails! This has me outraged! What can we do to protect our profession?! So frustrated! Thanks for letting me rant..
(03-18-2012, 11:01 PM)nancyg Wrote: [ -> ]OMG! Has anyone seen or heard about this. The product is like Minx, but it's an at home business that you do not need a license to sell! You can have a party & the distributor comes to your location & puts then on your nails! This has me outraged! What can we do to protect our profession?! So frustrated! Thanks for letting me rant..

No you do not need a license to sell Jamberry Nails. It's a Direct Sales company not a mobile nail tech company. The consultant does not apply the nails to interested customers, she simply shows you the product by applying them on her own nails, unless she is a licensed nail tech than she has every right to apply nail products to whomever she wants. The selling point is that Jamberry Nails can be done by yourself, like Kiss Nail Dress or Sally Hansen Nail Effects. The purpose of selling Jamberry Nails is to give women an opportunity to build a small home based business. I wouldn't feel threatened. Its an affordable option to nail art since there is a market of women out there who cannot afford minx or any other nail art. A lot of Nail salons are using Jamberry Nails as a service!!
Gotta love the ingenuity of the Direct Sales industry. They just have not figured out how to sell home color and perm kits oh or the keratin straightening or they would be done too.

There's a home party for just about a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g!

BeautiControl does 'spa' pedicures, you do it yourself, this way no licensing required. Mary Kay home parties have done facials for YEARS! No licensing because you do it yourself.
Arbonne, I believe was the one or one of the first companies (Direct Sales/MLM) that marketed to salons for hair stylest to do facials in the chair while their client was processing. This way the stylist was a distributor, legally did the process in a styling chair like a barber does a shave! (In cutesy voice) Then the customer can purchase the wonderful products! The stylest or owner could get the other stylist to distribute and so on....

sobeit

There is a time to join um if you can't beat um. You have been selling nail polish to clients for years. I see no difference. Maybe sell these on your retail shelves instead. It's not going away, and it's not going to make your clients cancel on you. I have heard techs adding it to their sales.