BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Does anyone Know How to Whiten discolored natural nails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have a recipe on how to get rid of discolored nails that really works well? I would love to be able to wear red which stains the nail and then wear a french.
I was reading about hydrogen peroxide, lemon juice,baking soda.
I also once read efferdent.
Has anyone had any luck with great results?
Thank you
All of those work, I personally like the denture tablets best. However, why is your nail staining from the polish? Are you not using a good basecoat before polishing?
I use Stickey base coat. Funny, I used the efferdent years ago and cannot remember if it worked or not.
I've also read that scrubbing your nails with whitening toothpaste works!
Will any of these tricks take hair color out of nails?
How to whiten natural nails.
by Young Nails on Thursday, May 19, 2011 at 9:13am ยท

Sometimes, you'll encounter a client with a bit of yellowing to her natural nails. Often this is caused by the use of darker colored nail polish, or smoking. Here are a few tips that may help:

First, buff the natural nail VERY lightly to remove small amounts of yellow discoloration.

Then try one of the methods below:

Dissolve a denture-cleaning tablet in water and use this to soak nails for several minutes.
Squeeze fresh lemon juice into a small bowl ,then soak nails for a few minutes. Wash hands. Be sure to use a moisturizer after service, as lemon juice can be very drying.
Make a paste of baking powder and lemon juice and apply a small amount to each nail. Buff lightly, then wash, dry and moisturize hands and nails.
Make a paste of three tablespoons of baking soda and one tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Use a cotton swap to apply the paste to the tops of nails and underneath the tips. Leave on for five minutes, then rinse off.