BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: LED lamp from PNI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guysWink hope you're all doing well. Have any of you people tried the led lamp from PNI and if so what are your thoughts? Does it cure the whole hand?

I look forward to reading some responses.Big Grin
I have the small Rapidcure one that I use for pedis. It isn't very deep, so it works great for just covering the toes without incident. Everything cures well in 30 - 45 seconds.
(03-03-2012, 10:31 AM)C-C My Nails Wrote: [ -> ]I have the small Rapidcure one that I use for pedis. It isn't very deep, so it works great for just covering the toes without incident. Everything cures well in 30 - 45 seconds.

I believe it was the rapidcure I was looking at but I was hoping to use this for hands, will that work?

Thanks!
Oh, yeah it works fine for hands too. I just have bigger ones on my desk and I like the shallower depth of this one for toes.

sobeit

I saw that unit too. I decided to stick with my little Gelish mini pro from sallys. I cannot afford another light right now. The mini cures in the same time as the rapid cure, but my mini pro, it has a timer and turns off when its done. For the $50 and a big time saver as well as space saver I am happy to have it. Plus Sallys has a 60 day warranty to replace it if it breaks. And Harmony gives a 12 month warranty on top of that. You can spend $5 for a second year if you want. I currently have the PNI rapid cure UV 36 watt tunnel lamp and I dont see warranty info on it. But I love that lamp and the rapid cure bulbs. You will likely have luck with their led as well.
Thanks girls, I appreciate the info, now tell me do I need to change or replace bulbs with this rapidcure led lamp?

thanks again,

sobeit

You never need to replace led light, if they go out the unit is dead. I believe like the gelish mini pro, larger pro, OPI led, and many others that the PNI rapid cure is 50k hours of working cure time. Unlike the uv bulbs that need replace every 3 months. Give or take.
I have this lamp. I do the thumbs separate.
I use it for my OPI Gelcolor, Jessica Geleration, Gelish, Cacee and have not had any problems.
Hope this helps
Ok, thanks so you cannot do the the whole hand, see that doesn't appeal to me, I'll just stick to my uv lamps, thanks so much for the info!
(03-03-2012, 07:13 PM)sobeit Wrote: [ -> ]I saw that unit too. I decided to stick with my little Gelish mini pro from sallys. I cannot afford another light right now. The mini cures in the same time as the rapid cure, but my mini pro, it has a timer and turns off when its done. For the $50 and a big time saver as well as space saver I am happy to have it. Plus Sallys has a 60 day warranty to replace it if it breaks. And Harmony gives a 12 month warranty on top of that. You can spend $5 for a second year if you want. I currently have the PNI rapid cure UV 36 watt tunnel lamp and I dont see warranty info on it. But I love that lamp and the rapid cure bulbs. You will likely have luck with their led as well.

Hi I saw the Gelish Mini Pro LED lamp at Sally's. Someone at BT mentioned this before. However, when I spoke to Nail Harmony (Gelish) they said this is for minimal use only. It is not considered a professional lamp to be used on an everyday basis.

Recently, I went to America's Beauty show in Chicago. I went to the Gelish area. They were doing demonstrations of their products. A nail tech did a demo on their new Gelish "hard gel" that come in the traditional gel pots. I asked the educator about that Sally's LED lamp by Gelish. She told me that it only has 1 watt and it is just like a UV lamp. Now I don't know how accurate that information is. She claims that it cures the same as the UV lamp.
Okay now if that is the fact, then why would Gelish launch a mini LED lamp if it is the same as a UV lamp. Since Gelish hasn't had a great reputation with follow up, I do not know who else to ask.

I did mention this to the educator about how disappointed I was that went I try to get a hold of an educator from Gelish no one returns my calls or emails.

Any thoughts?

Marisol

(03-03-2012, 07:13 PM)sobeit Wrote: [ -> ]I saw that unit too. I decided to stick with my little Gelish mini pro from sallys. I cannot afford another light right now. The mini cures in the same time as the rapid cure, but my mini pro, it has a timer and turns off when its done. For the $50 and a big time saver as well as space saver I am happy to have it. Plus Sallys has a 60 day warranty to replace it if it breaks. And Harmony gives a 12 month warranty on top of that. You can spend $5 for a second year if you want. I currently have the PNI rapid cure UV 36 watt tunnel lamp and I dont see warranty info on it. But I love that lamp and the rapid cure bulbs. You will likely have luck with their led as well.

Hi I saw the Gelish Mini Pro LED lamp at Sally's. Someone at BT mentioned this before. However, when I spoke to Nail Harmony (Gelish) they said this is for minimal use only. It is not considered a professional lamp to be used on an everyday basis.

Recently, I went to America's Beauty show in Chicago. I went to the Gelish area. They were doing demonstrations of their products. A nail tech did a demo on their new Gelish "hard gel" that come in the traditional gel pots. I asked the educator about that Sally's LED lamp by Gelish. She told me that it only has 1 watt and it is just like a UV lamp. Now I don't know how accurate that information is. She claims that it cures the same as the UV lamp.
Okay now if that is the fact, then why would Gelish launch a mini LED lamp if it is the same as a UV lamp. Since Gelish hasn't had a great reputation with follow up, I do not know who else to ask.

I did mention this to the educator about how disappointed I was that went I try to get a hold of an educator from Gelish no one returns my calls or emails.

Any thoughts?

Marisol

Any thoughts?

Marisol

sobeit

The mini pro has 3 led light in it. It cures in 30 and 45 seconds. The hand held mini uv light at Sally's takes as long as a regular uv unit. The mini pro has the same 50k hour working time as the pro size. I cannot say how it will last using hour after hour day after day. I work less than 20 hours a week. So for me that's very light use. If I were in need of a unit that needed to work each hour of each day, I would invest in a pro size light. Hope that makes sense.
The educator at the booth was incorrect. She is either mistaken about the light you are talkin about or she is trying to deter you from getting it.
(03-07-2012, 11:00 PM)sobeit Wrote: [ -> ]The mini pro has 3 led light in it. It cures in 30 and 45 seconds. The hand held mini uv light at Sally's takes as long as a regular uv unit. The mini pro has the same 50k hour working time as the pro size. I cannot say how it will last using hour after hour day after day. I work less than 20 hours a week. So for me that's very light use. If I were in need of a unit that needed to work each hour of each day, I would invest in a pro size light. Hope that makes sense.
The educator at the booth was incorrect. She is either mistaken about the light you are talkin about or she is trying to deter you from getting it.
Hi Sobeit
I may consider this lamp.I do not want to invest in a lot of money on the Gelish LED lamps. When I was at the show there were other companies there with their LED. Orly's was $175 for the show, IBD and EZ Flow LED lamp was $199. I believe Young Nails was over $300. and of course OPI's was over $300.
Maybe the educator was pushing the other Gelish LED lamps. I hate when companies think that nail techs are not educated and do not provide all the information. I have noticed this with many manufacturers. Huh

sobeit

Nurse Nail Tech, as far as getting one under $100 there is the one mentioned here in this thread. The led rapid cure by PNI. From premier nail source. I haven't used it but I do love their uv lamp I have.
Thanks I will also look at that option. Smile
I bought the lightspeed lamp for 199 and I am soooo upset, my nails aren't shiny at all with a 30 second cure. I made sure I asked the company about the 30 second cure as any longer of a cure time would have made me not buy this led lamp. Anyone with any suggestions please chime in.

Thanks,
anyone?

Hi Sobeit.... How do you manuever on the table with the one from Sallys?