BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Need to find a new Gel....please help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I quit doing nails about 1.5 years ago and want to get back started. The thing holding me back is I can't seem to find the Gel product for me. I would greatly appreciate some recommendations I am looking for the following:

~ 1 Step Gel
~ Very Self Leveling
~ Very Low heat transfer
~ Non Yellowing (NEVER yellows)
~ Very Strong
~ Very Shiny Finish

If you know of a product that meets my needs please let me know! Smile

Sincerely,
Carla
Young Nails does everything you want except the 1 step part. My clients love that it doesn't get so hot!
i would also love to see what others suggest! Smile i have used brisa and currently using ten but i don't like the heat spike part and that at the end of every jar gel starts to yellow.
(02-27-2012, 06:05 PM)carla0338 Wrote: [ -> ]I quit doing nails about 1.5 years ago and want to get back started. The thing holding me back is I can't seem to find the Gel product for me. I would greatly appreciate some recommendations I am looking for the following:

~ 1 Step Gel
~ Very Self Leveling
~ Very Low heat transfer
~ Non Yellowing (NEVER yellows)
~ Very Strong
~ Very Shiny Finish

If you know of a product that meets my needs please let me know! Smile

Sincerely,
Carla

Hey Carla ! Welcome back to the world of nails !!

I am now the Canadian distributor for Crystal Nails... It is a wonderful product... especially the Titanium Gel !!!!

All Crystal Nails gels can be used as a 1-step and have a shiny finish. If you want even more shine, Top Gloss is fantastic !!!

Feel free to check them out on my website... http://www.nailessentialz.com.

Smile Maggie
I have recently switched to NSI Balance Gel. I used to use Young Nails but have found that it lifted and was not as strong as I wanted. NSI Balance is in my opinion much stronger, zero lifting, self leveling, non-yellowing and no heat transfer(YN had a little heat). And very shiny!!
I think that you would find that Nailite would fit all of those. If you contact Mare Horak via Facebook, she could answer any questions you have. If you call Lisa at Nailite, I bet she would send you a sample.
You don't even need a top coat, though I do use their High Gloss tackless sealer.
Brenda
I just started using Masterworks by Amy Becker! It is an awesome line. Strong, no lifting and no yellowing!
I can not tell you just how much I love my CND gel light! 1st ti will cure ALL gel on the market. 2nd you do all 5 fingers at once. 3rd it has a fan so you will not over heat your client. 4th you can fit a foot in it easy! As for a gel line? Light Elegance! Nothing like it out there! Really... It is so easy to work with! If you call them they might send you a sample! They are Based in Oregon and they make their product in the U.S! Need help? They are great with that! I love this brand. http://www.lightelegance.com/

https://www.facebook.com/LightEleganceNa...ts&sk=wall
Carla:

Since I've used both, it sure sounds like Nailite's Stylus Gel or Light Elegance's line might meet all of your criteria!

HTH!

Thanks ladies for all your input! I am skeptical to try Nailite because it is so cheap? Maybe it's all just in my head! lol
Carla -- I know what you're saying -- I used to feel that way about clothes on sale (needed my head examined!) :-) But I promise you that Nailite is one of the leading, longtime manufacturer's of gel, and they do lots of private labeling. And I don't work for them, either! It's just that with the criteria you listed for what you wanted a gel to do, Nailite was my first thought. Good luck!
hey Carla welcome back! Nice to see you posting again. I sent you an inbox on Facebook Smile
Carla, the Nailite is really good product. I have no trouble with lifting. I really like the stylus. I've also used their french, their extra hard and thicker thick, and even the holographic. I like them all. I have them all. Basically, the stylus is the one I use almost all the time. I do put a layer of holographic on a lot of time, because people like the shimmer.
Don't be concerned about the lower prices. That is just another advantage.
Brenda
Crystal Nails is the bomb for me and also masterworks. Crystal Nails has really good price when you log in.
I am currently using Bio Sculpture and really like it. It is self leveling and offers different strengths as needed. The company is FANTASTIC to work with and I have had a great educator to answer all of my questions!