BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: NEED HELP! Buying A New Manicure Table
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone,
We were given the go ahead to get new manicure tables, YAY!!!
There are so many styles and so many different companies, I don't know where to start. So I decided to start RIGHT HERE and ask the Pros.

My biggest wants are:
#1 Nail Tech Friendly for comfort. I just had carpal tunnel
surgery on both hands and will be returning to work in two
weeks. What is important to help my health in a table?

#2 Durable table top that can withstand acetone and possible
scraping off of any glue, acrylic or polish that gets on the table.

#3 Storage on both sides of the table so I don't need any extra carts hanging around. I really want just one complete station.

#4 Affordable, $200-$400 range. Not really sure what they are willing to spend, $400 is probably pushing it. We need to buy 2 tables.

If you have any info on trusted companies, brand names, websites, tools etc. Any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I live in Pa, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Kelly*
When I used nail tables, I preferred a glass top for easy cleaning. Also, I placed a half-round bolster and king-size heating pad under my table towel and patient bib to position the client comfortably; the client would sit in swiveling leather office chair so they could be sideways to the table and still lean back with the hand in the ideal position . . . No reaching or pulling for me.
(02-26-2012, 12:46 PM)PrecisionNails Wrote: [ -> ]When I used nail tables, I preferred a glass top for easy cleaning. Also, I placed a half-round bolster and king-size heating pad under my table towel and patient bib to position the client comfortably; the client would sit in swiveling leather office chair so they could be sideways to the table and still lean back with the hand in the ideal position . . . No reaching or pulling for me.

Can you post a pic of what this looks like? I'd love to get my clients to sit straight and stop turning to the side!!!

I don't have tables any more; Lorena Marquez has them now : ) . . . the client did not face me, but his/her hand was positioned perfectly. To work on the other hand, I rotated the client to the other side.
(02-27-2012, 01:14 AM)PrecisionNails Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have tables any more; Lorena Marquez has them now : ) . . . the client did not face me, but his/her hand was positioned perfectly. To work on the other hand, I rotated the client to the other side.

What do you use now, Jaime? I am really intrigued.
Brenda
[Image: PedicureSetup.jpg]

Here's the set-up.