BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Going Crazy *injured*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

sobeit

Update* So last Saturday I got my first pair of shoes. Yes, I am out of that boot. I have a pair of Sandals, Wolky's and ouch $180 later for that one pair. And I picked out a pair of Dansko's that look like converse black on black. You don't get a harder sole than those shoes. I walk like a zombie, all clumsy and awkward. But I am on two feet. My back is killin me from walking lop sided but there is nothing to be done as of now. I am working with my PT and doing what she says in between. Stretching my calf is the utmost important thing I have to repeat.
I was advised to start doing ice baths on my foot and ankle. The swelling will last up to a year or more. And let me tell you, the ice bath is the worst thing ever and the best thing ever. Hahaha, once I get over the initial shock of freezing foot and past the pain of going numb, then I feel amazing. I actually look forward to it. Kinda sick. *wink*
I thought I would give an update. I try not to dwell but I have been really aggravated about it. What I want is acknowledgement that this is a big deal and a life long injury, instead of what I am getting from those who count to me, which is, nothing. I know I am an attention hooer. What can I say. I was told that I just want people to live my pain. Not true, I want the important people to understand me. Not just go on about how they think of what I feel. I am asking too much I know.
So while I have been making progress and I am working on a journal for the insurance claim, I have also added a few entries to my nail blog. Its the www link below. If anyone wants to cross promote each others blogs or sites. Please let me know. I would be happy to.
PS My blog is for me, and to share with fellow nail aholics. It is not perfect. Its personal. I do not care about a few typos even though I try to make sure its correct. So please do not tell me I need to fix my grammar unless something auto corrected to a naughty word or it flat out doesn't make sense due to an extra word or something. Its just for fun.
I do plan on making a lisfranc blog as well. If you ever come across anyone with the injury you can send them my way.
Hubby just told me that Houston Texans QB Matt Schaub has a Lisfranc injury. I feel for him.
Harmonysky I am interested in how your friend/employee is holding up.
That's the thing isn't it, when we feel sick or we are injured we do want and need our loved ones to understand and be there for us......they want the same from us when they are sick (especially if they are maleSmile )
My hubby chucked the crankies at me yesterday cause I didn't want to go to the doc with him cause is all he has is a head cold and I felt he could cope with this on his own but I ended up having to go, just to keep him happy.....what's funny is, when I go to the doc or take our very sick 9 yr old who has been sick for 3 months now, I go on my own or take her on my own, no one offers to come to help me out!!!
I have to cope all my own.
I can't say much more here Peggy, as you know I've said it all privately to you but you know how I feel about certain people in your life at the moment.
I wish I was there with you to help and give you some laughs and just do anything I can to help but sadly, I can't be but you know I'm here to listen and talk to when ever you need to.
Take care sweetie and try and keep your chin up the best you can anyway.

sobeit

(03-22-2012, 11:18 PM)wooshka Wrote: [ -> ]That's the thing isn't it, when we feel sick or we are injured we do want and need our loved ones to understand and be there for us......they want the same from us when they are sick (especially if they are maleSmile )
My hubby chucked the crankies at me yesterday cause I didn't want to go to the doc with him cause is all he has is a head cold and I felt he could cope with this on his own but I ended up having to go, just to keep him happy.....what's funny is, when I go to the doc or take our very sick 9 yr old who has been sick for 3 months now, I go on my own or take her on my own, no one offers to come to help me out!!!
I have to cope all my own.
I can't say much more here Peggy, as you know I've said it all privately to you but you know how I feel about certain people in your life at the moment.
I wish I was there with you to help and give you some laughs and just do anything I can to help but sadly, I can't be but you know I'm here to listen and talk to when ever you need to.
Take care sweetie and try and keep your chin up the best you can anyway.

I ♥ you.
Oh WOW! sorry & hope u r feeling better..
I have had 1 severe sprain where I tore a ligament & also a broken tailbone..both injuries took months to heal & affected my job performance & getting around..
esp. the broken tailbone..OMG! soooooo painful esp. when u can't sit for long periods of time.. I remember getting up & down was excruciating..15 years later the tail bone injury still is sensitive..actually only about 5 years ago I am able to now sit comfortably in a movie theater..

I feel for u & am wishing u a speedy recovery

sobeit

Thank you Sue. I am sorry to hear about your injuries. That's a long time to be in pain and it's no laughing matter. I hope you got the support you needed from friends and family. I fell down my friends porch steps. Steps they decided to tell me they thought were a death trap, after the fact/ Like 30 seconds after the fact and on Facebook as well.. And I find out they are out of building code. I have a claim with their homeowners ins, and the ins is taking responsibly. BUT my friend has yet to acknowledged that I am dealing with a life long injury and how hard it is on me. I don't want anything from them, aside from some genuine and honest thoughts. They have asked me about the ins claim, thinking all my med bills have been taken care of. But this is no car accident. This is me paying for everything out of pocket and so far its several thousand dollars and lost income on top, and later I will get a settlement. Not one time have my friends offered to help pay for one single visit. I would never accept. But to me, its the right thing to do, to offer it to me. Now I am just venting again. This is what I do. Sorry guys.
Pages: 1 2