BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: opinion on drills...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I need to buy a new drill. I have a 7 year old Kupa SuperUP 200. I have repaired the hand piece 3 or 4 times and it has to go in again. I think the repairs are out weighing the cost of a new one. I have to use my old Acceptico as a back up and it is in bad shape. So I thought I would buy new and get the UP200 repaired one more time and use it as my back up. First question, does this sound like a good plan?

Next, What drill is everyone loving? I have loved my Super UP200 but the hand piece needs repair every 1 1/2 to 2 years at $100 plus a pop and it cost $400 new. I'm not opposed to paying that if it is the consensus that it is the "best"! But if there is a less expensive choice that needs less maintenance, is smaller and lightweight and equally as awesome I would go that way. Example, I saw a Medacool 30K for $275. Anyway, can you all help me out with some opinions?

Thanks!

(02-14-2012, 12:21 PM)vacanaillady Wrote: [ -> ]Next, What drill is everyone loving? I have loved my Super UP200 but the hand piece needs repair every 1 1/2 to 2 years at $100 plus a pop and it cost $400 new. I'm not opposed to paying that if it is the consensus that it is the "best"! But if there is a less expensive choice that needs less maintenance, is smaller and lightweight and equally as awesome I would go that way. Example, I saw a Medacool 30K for $275. Anyway, can you all help me out with some opinions?

Thanks!

$100 a pop????? I've had my YN file for 3.5 years and it has only needed light maintenance and a bearing changed, and they've never charged me a dime for it. It is very low vibration, light & comfortable to use.
I have had my Ram Products RPM desktop for 2 years with no repairs or any real maintenance (and I've dropped the handpiece more than once) and the portable model for almost a year with no problems. It is so light and vibe free that I LOVE it!
I have the ram products one for almost 2 years. I love it. Problem is, hand piece had to go in 11 or 12 months after getting it for vibration. Cost $60. Now the other day, I did toes and it worked great. 5 min latler I am going to do nails and it wouldn't come on. It is getting power, but not turning on. I got to call tomorrow. Was too sick all week to call. I dread to see the price on this.
Brenda