BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: OPI Gelcolor-Alternative Base/Top coats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the OPI axxium UV lamp, and have been using it for both Axxium and Shellac.
I just bought the OPI gelcolor color coat, but didn't buy the base/top coat.

Has anyone used either the Shellac or Axxium base/top coats with the OPI gelcolor? Will it work? If so, which one is better? Or should I just go get the gelcolor base/top coats?

(I have read that the OPI lamp curing time is the same as for Axxium, 1,2,3 mins. Is this correct? )

Thank you! Smile
I've used the opi gel color with my gelish base and top coat and had good luck.
I have to say that I LOVE OPI Gel Color base coat and top coat. I guess you can use Shellac base/top coat but I find OPI applied faster. Base coat thickens up like Shellac base but the top coat doesn't.
I think buying OPI Base/top would be an excellent investment.
(02-11-2012, 10:47 AM)Anna Lajourdie, Toronto Wrote: [ -> ]I have to say that I LOVE OPI Gel Color base coat and top coat. I guess you can use Shellac base/top coat but I find OPI applied faster. Base coat thickens up like Shellac base but the top coat doesn't.
I think buying OPI Base/top would be an excellent investment.

Sorry- *applies*

PS. I also find that Gelish base coat/top coat is more difficult to soak off, esp compare to OPI.