BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Toe nail question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok As a Nail Tech I know better, but I have been cutting my own toenails wrong, but since my toes are so small I can never get the corners. Now I have a toenail that is pushing into the sidewall upper right hand corner on my right foot Toe number 3. I can feel it when I push down against my skin, but can it to pop out so I can clip it. I can't go to get a pedi right now and I want to know what tool, you guys would use? I don't have a ingrown nail tool. I have never used it before. I was trying my nippers, but pinched my skin because I can't see it. I was thinking of trying a pointy orangewood stick, but think maybe not such a good idea. Sheesh, I need to just go a Pedi's. I know I know. SighUndecided.

I appreciate your input ladies!
(02-09-2012, 01:51 AM)JulieM Wrote: [ -> ]Ok As a Nail Tech I know better, but I have been cutting my own toenails wrong, but since my toes are so small I can never get the corners. Now I have a toenail that is pushing into the sidewall upper right hand corner on my right foot Toe number 3. I can feel it when I push down against my skin, but can it to pop out so I can clip it. I can't go to get a pedi right now and I want to know what tool, you guys would use? I don't have a ingrown nail tool. I have never used it before. I was trying my nippers, but pinched my skin because I can't see it. I was thinking of trying a pointy orangewood stick, but think maybe not such a good idea. Sheesh, I need to just go a Pedi's. I know I know. SighUndecided.

I appreciate your input ladies!

Never mind ladies, I fixed it!
Julie.. stop cutting the corners.. you will have some level of discomfort for a while, but once gorwn out past the end of the toe it will feel oh so much better.. Also depending on exactly whats going on with yout toe nail, you might want to consider acrylic on them.. I have some issues here.. and these two things (acrylic & not cutting corners) has made a world of difference.

If you are cutting your clients corners also, you could be causing them issues down the road.. many say that cutting corners actualy is one cause of ingrowns. Not every clinet should have their corners cut, just rounded enough to make them not sharp.

Thanks Deb! Ok I promise to stop that, but for now how should I deal with those pokey things on my corners?
Just keep the corners rounded to keep them from not catching etc.. keep the debris cleaned out regularly.. you will prob have some level of discomfort for a while.. it really best you take the time and allow for the nail to grow out.
I learned never to cut the corners. That will cause an ingrown toe nail. I had so many women complain because I wouldn't cut the corners. I just filed and made everything nice and smooth.
I don't cut the corners on my clients, but I have a hard time with my own tiny toe nails. It just drives me crazy. I guess I have to just resist the urge to cut the corners. ugh! Thanks girls!
It's one of those do as I say not as I do! LOL! I am bad about peeling my nail polish off my own finger nails. But I get after everyone else for doing it. Smile
Yeop! That how it is. LOL