BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: (OHIO) State Boards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All! I was wondering if anyone here has taken the State Boards here in Ohio? I make sure that I work on the practical portion of the examination at least three times a week, but I want to know what to expect and get some tips on what worked well (and not so well) for some of you.

I know the State Boards are in Grove City, but I am still worried about the written portion of the exam. I feel like there is SO much information to learn, and I wonder how all of that information is going to be channeled into only 110 questions.
All I can say is good luck Patreisha. I am getting ready to take my test boards here in TX. I'm a nervous wreck also. I didn't have an instructor either. I'm a nail tech student and had a cosmo for an instructor. She was a nice person but didn't know anything about nails. We have to think positive!!
I am scheduled to take the State Board exam in Ohio on 29 Feb.
I can tell you more after that.
ShyRolleyes
You can contact me at 850-855-8270.
What school do you going?
Look at nailtest.com for the written part
(01-24-2012, 11:51 PM)moonkissed Wrote: [ -> ]All I can say is good luck Patreisha. I am getting ready to take my test boards here in TX. I'm a nervous wreck also. I didn't have an instructor either. I'm a nail tech student and had a cosmo for an instructor. She was a nice person but didn't know anything about nails. We have to think positive!!

That's terrible you didn't have a nail tech as an instructor! I since you are a member of this site, I'm sure you were very proactive about learning what you need for State Board. I wish you the BEST of luck! Just pretend you are at home doing the nails of friend or family member.

Please let me know how you did!

(01-25-2012, 07:31 PM)Andi Wrote: [ -> ]I am scheduled to take the State Board exam in Ohio on 29 Feb.
I can tell you more after that.
ShyRolleyes
You can contact me at 850-855-8270.
What school do you going?

Hi Andi! I go to Raphael's School of Beauty in Boardman, Ohio.

At least for us in Ohio we don't have to use live models (which makes me a little less anxious).

Good luck on your exam! I know you will do well!

I can be reached at 312.532.3841