BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Resume/Interview Tips For Soon To Be Graduates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I have a couple months left of school and I am working on my resume. What are some tips for writing one? I don't have any official salon experience though I have been doing my own and my friends nails for a while.

What should I expect from an interview? I will hopefully have a few in the very near future.
Dahlin you need to start right here at the NailTech Sticky Threads section.. loads of tidbits just like what you are looking for Smile

http://beautytech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=29

(01-23-2012, 06:45 PM)scotchtapeandrhinestones Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I have a couple months left of school and I am working on my resume. What are some tips for writing one? I don't have any official salon experience though I have been doing my own and my friends nails for a while.

What should I expect from an interview? I will hopefully have a few in the very near future.

Check out these tips on our web site: http://www.nsinails.com/nail-labs/tricks...rview.html
I prefer to hire employees right out of school, but am disappointed at how few can follow the instruction included in my job posting which is to submit a resume via email, not call or visit the salon. Of course, the resumes that I do receive often leave much to be desired, particularly with regard to spelling and grammar. I won't even interview someone whose resume isn't done well.
(01-26-2012, 03:35 AM)PrecisionNails Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer to hire employees right out of school, but am disappointed at how few can follow the instruction included in my job posting which is to submit a resume via email, not call or visit the salon. Of course, the resumes that I do receive often leave much to be desired, particularly with regard to spelling and grammar. I won't even interview someone whose resume isn't done well.

I never understand how people don't double check their resumes. I always triple check my work. What do you look for in a resume?
To a certain extent, the resume itself demonstrates a person's ability to follow instructions, pay attention to detail and adapt their education and experience to that written format. Besides typos, another disqualifier is a work history filled with short-term positions, like 8 months in ABC Salon followed by 5 months at Xanadu Spa and so on. Also, I'll do my research (Google, Facebook, references) to give me insight on personal life/character. Hiring and training manicurists requires a large investment; I only want ones who can thrive in our salon environment for the long-term.
(01-27-2012, 10:23 AM)PrecisionNails Wrote: [ -> ]To a certain extent, the resume itself demonstrates a person's ability to follow instructions, pay attention to detail and adapt their education and experience to that written format. Besides typos, another disqualifier is a work history filled with short-term positions, like 8 months in ABC Salon followed by 5 months at Xanadu Spa and so on. Also, I'll do my research (Google, Facebook, references) to give me insight on personal life/character. Hiring and training manicurists requires a large investment; I only want ones who can thrive in our salon environment for the long-term.

Thank you so much! I'm about to graduate soon and I'm worrying about how to put it together.