BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: NailTechSupply.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I found out today that an unlicensed person I know of was able to purchase from NTS recently. She was able to pre-order the new Magneto Gelish as well as some other 'professional only' items. At no time was she asked for any licensing information at all. Hmmm...
Guess no one else really thinks it's a big deal but I just think that it's pretty crappy that there is yet another site where anyone, licensed or not, can go on and order professional only products. So it's no big deal that Sally's is offering an at-home Gelish kit since all these people have to do is google 'gelish' and it'll come up with NTS and they can order everything right there at 'our' price and get all of the colors, not just a select few colors.

(01-23-2012, 05:34 PM)bengalkat Wrote: [ -> ]So I found out today that an unlicensed person I know of was able to purchase from NTS recently. She was able to pre-order the new Magneto Gelish as well as some other 'professional only' items. At no time was she asked for any licensing information at all. Hmmm...

(01-24-2012, 10:48 PM)bengalkat Wrote: [ -> ]Guess no one else really thinks it's a big deal but I just think that it's pretty crappy that there is yet another site where anyone, licensed or not, can go on and order professional only products. So it's no big deal that Sally's is offering an at-home Gelish kit since all these people have to do is google 'gelish' and it'll come up with NTS and they can order everything right there at 'our' price and get all of the colors, not just a select few colors.

(01-23-2012, 05:34 PM)bengalkat Wrote: [ -> ]So I found out today that an unlicensed person I know of was able to purchase from NTS recently. She was able to pre-order the new Magneto Gelish as well as some other 'professional only' items. At no time was she asked for any licensing information at all. Hmmm...

These companies do not give a hoot about us, they care about staying in business just like we do.
We all know that lots of people want to save money and try to do their nails by themselves. You can't blame them for trying and you can't blame companies for wanting to make money. I won't be surprised one day if our local professional beauty supply store allows walk-ins. Right now you must be licensed. If the economy gets any worse than they will probably allow anyone. Lets hope that doesn't happen.
I had one client tonight plop into my pedi chair and said "just give me a spa pedi that will relax me". She came from work and this is a treat for her. She may be able to do her own toes at home but she enjoys the pampering,the aroma of the products, the conversation and the relaxing atmosphere. You cannot purchase that at Sally's or any catalog. I understand how you feel and I was pissed when I first read that. We need to give these clients a reason to want to continue coming to us. I am doing the best that i can and hope that all of my clients continue giving me their business. And by the way, i tried another magnetic polish on myself and it was a mess. It is much easier to do it on another person. Good luck to her and her ugly do it your selfer manicure mess.
Please don't be offended by my comment. And by the way, I love seeing your cat photo. I always wanted a Bengal cat. I have a Cornish Rex and an Oriental Shorthair(sorry to go off topic)
It really upsets me that things are going this way. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much we can do about it. I have personally chosen to only purchase from companies that require a license to make a purchase. I suppose we could let these companies know how we feel about this, but I doubt it would make a difference.
My bengal's name is Reggie. He's such a love. He's now 13 and has been a great cat. Smile

Ive found at least 20 nail supply online stores that will sell to anyone. When they ask you to register they do not ask for a license #. Ive only ever been asked for a license # from 1 site. I agree, I don't think its right but I dont see them asking for license #'s bcause that will cut their sales down.
I know someone that buys acrylic products at sallys and dept. stores. She has asked me questions in the past, Ive told her that doing her own nails is causing more damage than she thinks, she says she can't afford to go get her nails done, however they frequent our local bar almost every weekend. I do not give her tips or help her in any way.
I've found that it doesn't even matter on some sites whether they ask or not, you can still get supplies from them. For instance, I was signing up for an account on a site, didn't have my License number in front of me so I made one up. Low and behold they accepted my account and sent me out the products. I didn't really think all these companies check any where to see if you really have a license anyway. It's just a ploy to make them look better.