BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: I need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am doing acrylic nails and I am not understanding what I am doing wrong why do the nails stay on for 1 day then the next day they break please help me with this before I give up on thinking of going to school and waste my time and money
um...well....hate to say this but maybe you should go to school? If I'm understanding your message correctly you havent been yet. There's a world of things you could be doing wrong so go get educated and learn how to do them and then you'll understand what you've been doing wrong.
If you would like to nails you need to go to school. There are so many great nail techs that make it look easy, but trust me it is not. School is there to teach you what you need to know and be successful in a great industry!
(01-22-2012, 01:16 PM)bossy.davis Wrote: [ -> ]I am doing acrylic nails and I am not understanding what I am doing wrong why do the nails stay on for 1 day then the next day they break please help me with this before I give up on thinking of going to school and waste my time and money

Honey, do you understand you are on a professional site where all of us here paid good money to go to school, spent 6mos to a year of our precious time just to get licensed and serveral thousand dollars on classes, airfare and gas to raise our skills since then to be the best we can be. It's a huge investment of time and money. something you are not willing to do.... yet you are asking for help from us. If you were enrolled in school even your first day, we would love to help you. But we don't share our experise with the general public. At least i dont. But as a mentor and expereinced tech I willingly share my knowledge for anyone who asks. So go to school and then come back here for help.
Don't get discourage!, keep your chin up and go to school. The books in school will help you a lot.

There are lots of threads here that can help you too, read them.
Before I had my license I came here to read and I was sitting late nights reading, reading, reading,and learning.

I advise you to check different schools and try to find the one that has a nail instructor (instructor only for nails) that will be the best one, and if you can, go ahead and talk to the instructor, ask ask and ask, you have all to gain and nothing to lose.
Good luck! Smile
(01-22-2012, 01:41 PM)ColleenNY Wrote: [ -> ]um...well....hate to say this but maybe you should go to school? If I'm understanding your message correctly you havent been yet. There's a world of things you could be doing wrong so go get educated and learn how to do them and then you'll understand what you've been doing wrong.
sorry i might have put it in there wrong but what i was saying is why is it when i put my nails on at home they don't break but if i go and pay to have them done the next day they break off and yes i have went school just didn't finish

I agree with ParkNails. Find a school with a nail instructor. I just finished my schooling but did not have a nail instructor. That would have helped so much. Good luck!
Sooo in your first message you asked what you're doing wrong and now you're saying you get them done and they break but when you do them theyre fine. I don't get it. If they're fine when you do them then why even go someplace else to have them done improperly? Hmmmm...

If you ARE getting them done by someone else maybe you could discuss with your nail tech what's going on and why they're falling apart as soon as the next day. Without seeing them ourselves and not seeing how your nail tech works and what products she or he uses, then we can only supply minimal help. My suggestions: wear them shorter and don't misuse them. Good luck.
If you do them at home and they're fine why would you get discouraged? Sounds to me like you HAVEN'T yet gone to school. Your first message says

Quote:before I give up on thinking of going to school and waste my time and money

So you've not gone to school. If you want to be able to do nails professionally, you need to go to school and get the proper education.

sorry i might have put it in there wrong but what i was saying is why is it when i put my nails on at home they don't break but if i go and pay to have them done the next day they break off and yes i have went school just didn't finish