BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Small Space Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Happy Friday! I am a student and I've been performing mani's here and there. I recently ordered a footsie bath so that I can begin performing pedi's. I would like to open up to neighbors and other's besides my close friends and Mom but I'd like to have at least somewhat of a professional setup. The problem is that my apartment is very small. If you would,if you have a small home space (particularly an apartment) I'd really appreciate if you would post a pic. I really need some ideas. I'm sure others could use this type of inspiration as well.
I would like it to be nice and not interfere too much with my personal life. I mean if someone is coming by, I don't want to have to take 30 minutes to setup for them to come. It's going to have to be in my living room or kitchen. [/size][/color]Thank you much for any suggestions.
Before you start to think about such an undertaking, have you checked with your state board concerning the legalities of your plan? Most states have very strict codes about operating of ones' personal residence.
Don't want to burst your bubble, but as a student you don't want to risk your licensure.
(01-21-2012, 12:07 AM)C-C My Nails Wrote: [ -> ]Before you start to think about such an undertaking, have you checked with your state board concerning the legalities of your plan? Most states have very strict codes about operating of ones' personal residence.
Don't want to burst your bubble, but as a student you don't want to risk your licensure.

I have, thank you. They allow it with certain rules of course then you have to pass inspection. I'm not looking to setup shop but just make a nice looking space. I want to have somewhere nice to practice. Right now I'm using a tv table and a footstool to hold all my products and I hate it.
I would then look into things that are portable and pretty self containing. When I travel, I have a small folding Cosco folding table that I picked up at a local department store for $20 and some rolling beauty cases. However, when I first started I used a really nice looking tool box that I got at Lowes for $30 that carried all of my necessaties. They fold up to store in the closet with ease, in the car for travel, but keep everything together.
Thank you, I'll head to Home Depot this week for item ideas. Also, a folding table would be good due to my lack of space, I'll check that too.
Hi Tashawna, I wish I had a pic of the set up I used to have at home I had a small table a side table for extra product and I got a chair that my friends could sit in for mani's and Pedis I had a small footbath. I had everything set up in a small corner and it worked for years. Good luck you will need to practice outside of school. I know in my state you could work on people just as long as you weren't charging them.
Hey Tashawna ill fb u a pic of my at home practice station tonight!! Im at my day job right now so i cant lol.