BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Overcurring question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm curious to know as to how gel becomes over exposed to light.

Specifically how does overcurring happen.

scenario 1: if the product requires a cure time of 120 seconds and if I flash cure each nail for 10s, then follow up with the full 120 seconds cure -

Will those nails be (overcured)?

scenario 2: flash curing the nail tip to prevent shrink back - the gel is exposed to the light for a short time THEN cured at the suggested time -

I'm not understanding the science behind the overcuring process.

Can you shed more info on this?

I've read the results of overcurring can lead to service breakdown, I need to know more than that.

Thanks,
Enhance
I'm not understanding the science behind the overcuring process.

Can anybody give more info on this?

Enhance
(01-14-2012, 11:11 AM)enhanced Wrote: [ -> ]scenario 1: if the product requires a cure time of 120 seconds and if I flash cure each nail for 10s, then follow up with the full 120 seconds cure -

scenario 2: flash curing the nail tip to prevent shrink back - the gel is exposed to the light for a short time THEN cured at the suggested time -

Enhance,

Neither of these short extra curing will cause issues. Issues would become apparent if say you cured each layer 5 minutes instead of the recommended 2-3 minutes.

Hope that helps!

Thanks.

My thoughts about this over curing process had to do with the sogp that is uv and LED compatible. I wanted to know how these types could over curing in LED nail lights.

When sogp are flash cured, no over curing has taken place. Accrding to ManicuresthatLast, over curing takes around 5 minutes under a uv light. What conditions would require (any) sogp to cure for that long?

So it's reasonable to assume that it is (not) possible to overcure sogp that were introduced to the market in 2011. I am basing my assumption on the knowledge of LED lights with the exposure time being in small increments of 10 - 30 seconds.

This seems to contradict what I am reading in our trade mags that using a LED light not manufactured by the uv/LED gel product I'm using, will cause over curing. This is confusing to me.

Any thoughts?

Enhance