BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Brush life & Stand up table???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How often do you buy a new acrylic brush? and how do you clean yours?

I am thinking of converting my table to one where I can stand up or sit down. How many of you stand to do nails and are there any drawbacks?
I personally have my EzFlow acrylic brush 5-6years and love it! I purchased TT's also but don't like it as I like EzFlow's...I clean it almost every time I use it either with monomer liquid or brush cleaner...
My coworker and myself both have nail tables that raise and lower. She stands most of the day as she has problems with her hips from sitting for so long. She stands on one of those rubber mats to prevent foot and leg fatigue, similar to the mats under the stylist chairs. Our tables were made from old hospital tray tables. Another coworker's husband took the tops off of a regular nail table and put it on the hydraulic mechanism. This works great for our clients with disabilities. Our clients sit comfortably in a captain chair style bar stool or we lower the table to work on a client who is sitting a dryer chair. [/color]
I've had my current NSI Royal Precision brush for about 2 yrs now and it's still like new.
I only ever use monomer to clean it and I clean it after every use and it's never clogs or had any problems.
I love how it has it's own cap, so I just put the cap on and them stand it up with brush facing down of course, in my brush cup and all is goodSmile
I have tried many brushes over the years but have stuck with this one and will continue to do so.

I sit to work but this will be changing when hubby builds my new desk.
I have just been diagnosed with bursitis and it is VERY painful (mainly at night when trying to sleep) and I'm finding by sitting all day with my hips bent in the sitting position for hours on end, I'm in a lot of pain every night.
So hubby is building my a desk where I can stand or sit but in a high position where it will be mor elike leaning.
hanks for your responses. I have been using Young Nails brushes but they are shedding like crazySad I ave only had the one for 6 months,only clean it in monomer and clean it every time I use it. I was hoping it would last longer.

I too am having the husband help me build something to raise my desk. I am very sore and tired after a long day of sitting.

we should all post pictures of what we come up with when finished!
(01-24-2012, 05:25 PM)maggiew76 Wrote: [ -> ]hanks for your responses. I have been using Young Nails brushes but they are shedding like crazySad I ave only had the one for 6 months,only clean it in monomer and clean it every time I use it. I was hoping it would last longer.

I too am having the husband help me build something to raise my desk. I am very sore and tired after a long day of sitting.

we should all post pictures of what we come up with when finished!

PLEASE DO POST!! I'd love to see these.