BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: "Duckbill or Flare" nails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a new client who just moved here from Omaha. She has duckbill nails and I have never done these before. How are these done and where is a good tutorial on how to do these nails?

Thanks Nail Fam!
youtube has some I believe, but they are super easy. when you're sculpting the (with forms or tips) white of the nail, press the acrylic out to the sides to make them wider. kind of making a triangle with the tip of the nail being the base and the bed of the nail being the top of the triangle. If you're using gel, do the same thing (except you'll have to have a form underneath the nail).
When you go to file, just don't file the sides in Smile
A video will explain this much (a pictures worth a thousand words and such) better, but it's really not hard at all, I'm sure yours will look awesome!
Thanks! I was thinking it wouldn't be that hard, but I gotta check for sure before I mess something up LOL. Thanks sooooo... much for the tip Smile
Plus I said she moved here from Omaha. I meant she moved to Omaha from California...Lord help me Confusedhock: LOL
I've got the perfect solution for you! Tips!
[Image: SL7066.jpg]

Right here in the BT Shoppe!
Sunflower402 :
> I have a new client who just moved here from Omaha. She has duckbill nails
> and I have never done these before. How are these done and where is a good
> tutorial on how to do these nails?
>
> Thanks Nail Fam!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTKkSGE9nHE
Thanks everybody :-)
Angelaglitterfreak does them awesome....she does acrylic but I've also heard that you can just reverse the tip. not my cup of tea tho!
Well, I have a client coming in with these nails and she wants a backfill. I wonder if I will have to redo the whole tip or do I do a backfill like normally.
does anyone know where i can get the duck feet nails done at in omaha nebraska or even lincoln nebraska????????