BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Konad nail stamping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do any of you guys use this? What do you think of it?

BornToBling

My mom got me this huge set for me for graduating from Esthetics.

Its pretty cool, but I find only the black and white really works on the nail and show up. And you have to be really quick, if the polish dries, it wont stick to the nail.
Love my Konad kit. I agree with Kyllie though. Although I use more than black and white, they definitely stand out the best.
So how dry does the base color have to be? And has any of you tried any of the cheaper knock off plates?
I have the bundle monster plates and I love them. I actually don't stamp much with black and white because I don't have the konad black and whites, but I have found that OPI's Lincoln Park After Dark stamps beautifully!
I just bought a Bundle Monster set, the Konad stamper and the Konad Blk and White polish. I'm really looking forward to trying them out.
Bundle Monster is a great deal and work just as good as Konad plates.
wondering, as well, how dry the polish has to be?

Also, at what point do you use it with sogp?

I've seen some very fun stuff done with it; can't wait to
try mine out! Smile
Polish has to be dry to the touch, the drier the better but we dont have all day sometimes. I use a light touch when applying to polished nails and a quick rolling motion.

With SOG it can sometimes be tricky. I have had luck stamping after the 2nd coat of GP has cured, before I put on the top coat. But you have to wipe the nail first....cuz it doesn't stick to the tackiness of the GP and at times this can be a problem cuz I've had the color come off more than I would like when I wipe the nails...
Soooo...now I do the top coat first (very thin layer), cure, wipe, stamp, another thin layer of top coat, cure.
thanks for the tips, Colleen Smile
I'm confused. What is the Monster Bundle and where can you order this from?
Quote:VJ :
> I'm confused. What is the Monster Bundle and where can you order this from?

Hi VJ, you can find it at amazon, there are two series, I think the difference it's the price, both are nice.

http://www.amazon.com/Bundle-Monster-Sta...B003ILUQPM

HTH.
Thanks!!!
Thanks everyone. I am sooo looking forward to playing around with mine. The should be here Wednesday. I will ost some ics ones I get to play with them.
It may take practice to get it just right. I hated the first kit I bought and sold it. Then I rebought another kit and gave it another try and it was awesome.
I love the nail stamping! I've used in on the SOGP with no problems. I put it on before the top/sealer coat (wipe nail first)
I stamped black over "You Don't Know Jaques" and my client LOVED it!

I agree, the white and black are the best, I've tried it with regular polish too and it seems to work.

Yes, you have to be quick and with regular polish, I find it has to be DRY or it wrecks the polish underneath.
ColleenNY :
> It may take practice to get it just right. I hated the first kit I bought and
> sold it. Then I rebought another kit and gave it another try and it was awesome.
>

LOL I bought Colleen's first kit and hated it too - then I did the same thing, sold it and ended up buying another one and now I love it.

Colleen, no offense but maybe it was just THAT kit ;
Maybe Laura! It was from Konad though and they say their stuff is the best. Hmmmmm....
here is my first attempt. Not perfecct but not too bad either. I think I am gonna like these.
[Image: PWwithstampingnailart2.jpg][/img]
is the Konad stamp easy to apply? I've seen those many times but I thought it's hard to use.
Do any of you guys use this? What do you think of it?
[/color]

Please let me explain myself, What I meant was that I use Konad with CND Shellac and it is Awesome!!!!
I find Konad wonderful to use when you get use to it. There is a specific red I love to use but the little sticker on the bottom that tells you the color fell off Blush. When you order the cheaper stamping plates beware that there may be a thin plastic over them that has to be peeled off. Have fun stamping and thanks for the monster bundle link. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Can we use reg polish (china glaze, Opi ...) instead of their own colors? I saw some reviews said we can use this.
You can use any polish that is a little thicker and gooyer :0) Also I find metallic colors work awesome.
Pages: 1 2