BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Ordered Square for my phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I work in a salon that has a cc machine and the fees are crazy. Unfortunatly most of us are stuck in a contract through our bank. I also work in another town 1-2 days a week that havent picked up a cc serive yet. I had heard about square from an accountant, so decided to dowload it and order the reader. I have read through the terms and conditions and all seems well, but its still making me nervous. Just wondering if your clients mind doing something like this? I guess if they dont, they can pay cash or use a check.
Anyone have any issues with Square? The fees are very reasonable compared to the banks but the rate goes up with loading the cc manually. Looks like my prices are going up again!
Where can I find info on this, please?
Love Square for travel! Nothing simpler.
Tn Nail Lady :
> Where can I find info on this, please?

https://squareup.com/

Be glad to answer any questions you may have. Smile

Hit me up on FB Smile

sobeit

I didn't accept CC until I found square several months ago. There are many things I love and nothing I don't like about it. It's simple, I don't have any problems being a very low user, the money is in my account in 36 hours unless it's the weekend. My clients sign on my iPad, I have tipping turne off and if they want to tip I just make it the flat charge entered instead. But there's a % tip section they can opt in for. They usually ask for the reciept via text or not at all. Square doesn't keep any info on your device either so no worries if you lost your phone or itouch. My co renters also went for square after I told them about it. They have saved hundreds of dollars in fees and and sing get same praise as I do. It's really an awesome app.
I've been using Square for almost a year and have not had any problems at all. I thought customers would worry a little bit too but every single one has commented on how cool or cute it is. The only thing I've heard other users not happy about was that they don't have a call center but I sent an email once and had a reply in 24 hours. Not having a call center might be what keeps the fees down. I don't know.
What type of phone do you have to have? I just have a basic flip now....would probably need to upgrade?
Jennie,
Square is great, and the fees really are so much lower than the standard machines. Even though you are in a contract at the salon, you are not obligated to use the machine, right? You could still use the square at the salon, and save yourself the % they charge, as well as the transaction fees, couldn't you? There still might be a monthly fee you are obligated to pay, but, they can't force you to use it Smile Just a thought...
I've been using the Square for over a year now with no problems. I did not take cards before that. I get an immediate notification that I've accepted a payment of $xx.xx. Then in 1-2 days, I get another email telling me I've received a credit deposit in my bank acct.

Clients are facinated by it, they think it's amazing you can accept cc like that. My only complaint is sometimes when i get ready to slide the card, rather than take the trans, it sends me to a sign in window to put in my email and password before I can use it, which can slow things down some. That doesn't happen very often and if someone knows a way to keep this from happening, I'd love to hear it.
So good to hear positive comments on this. It makes me feel much more at ease Big Grin
Tn Nail Lady :
> What type of phone do you have to have? I just have a basic flip now....would
> probably need to upgrade?

Square only works with smart phones like iPhone (but does work with iPad also) or Android.
I'm with you guys on this one. I don't use square but I use Intuit and they sent me their cc reader that is very much like square. I'm so glad I went with this option. I originally tried it for a trade show for my products and have stuck with it for my nail salon. I have never had an issue and I get my money quickly without expensive fees. I use my iphone and ipad.
I'm with you guys on this one. I don't use square but I use Intuit and they sent me their cc reader that is very much like square. I'm so glad I went with this option. I originally tried it for a trade show for my products and have stuck with it for my nail salon. I have never had an issue and I get my money quickly without expensive fees. I use my iphone and ipad.
Donna, I'm not sure why it makes me sign in sometimes. I've wondered about it too. I think it might be if you have not used the app in so many days or if you have installed an app update.
Nicole
PureRomanceByNicole :
> Donna, I'm not sure why it makes me sign in sometimes. I've wondered about
> it too. I think it might be if you have not used the app in so many days or
> if you have installed an app update.
> Nicole

Anytime I update my app it causes me to have to login again.