BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Polish Pro by NSI question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,
I found some Polish Pro (the original version) kicking around... do you know if it cures in LED?

Thanks Smile
Yes, it can be cured under a UV LED light but it would depend on which UV LED light you have.
Toothypegs :
> Yes, it can be cured under a UV LED light but it would depend on which UV LED
> light you have.

I have Gelish G6(?) lamp..
Yes it will cure in your Gelish G6 LED lamp but you will need to adjust the times of course.
I'm not sure what they are so I would contact NSI and ask them.

Bear in mind with the old formula it is a lot thicker than the new formula, so remember to keep it thin, only cap the base and top coats not color coats.

If you do find it too thick to work with, get yourself some of the new "Renew" drops that NSI bought out to thin out the old formula.
The Renew drops work wonders!!!!
Yep, I second this.
Does this mean you're now an NSI girl, Anna? Big Grin
Toothypegs :
> Yep, I second this.
> Does this mean you're now an NSI girl, Anna? Big Grin

Not quite Wink
I bought the 3 colors + base and top coat on an impulse at the show in Chicago... and I never used them. :oops: I have been doing LOTS of "gel lacquer manicures" at the salon and the more colors/choices I have... the better.
The quick removal time/ can be a be a big plus for those clients that I know won't come for a removal (out of towners etc)

PS. I did look on NSI website and it nowhere mentions that Polish Pro is LED cured...
I have mention of LED light cure in my NSI literature and I have read it on the American site. You can also find reference to it here:

http://www.nsinails.co.uk/content/polishpro1
Toothypegs :
> I have mention of LED light cure in my NSI literature and I have read it on
> the American site. You can also find reference to it here:
>
> http://www.nsinails.co.uk/content/polishpro1

Thank you very much!!
Actually, Polish Pro is formulated to cure in a UV lamp. It may not cure with your LED lamp.
Yep. This was mentioned earlier, Jessie.

Quote:Yes, it can be cured under a UV LED light but it would depend on which UV LED light you have.

But I have cured Polish Pro in a UV LED light. (And the nails have held up beyond the 2 weeks).
So has Wooshka. And, no doubt, a number of other users in here.
And apart from NSI literature, various sites supporting NSI products online also state that Polish Pro cures under LED. They're easy to find.

Even the official NSI Aussie site says it:
http://www.nsinails.com.au/epages/nsns14...H%20PRO%22

Granted, though, it depends on what sort of wavelength your LED light is on but, overall, from what I have seen and done, Polish Pro can actually be cured with LED technology.

So if you are challenging this, then it might be something that you could clear up in the company so that consumers of NSI products are better informed?
Toothypegs :
> Yep. This was mentioned earlier, Jessie.
>
>
Quote:Yes, it can be cured under a UV LED light but it would depend on which
> UV LED light you have.
>
> But I have cured Polish Pro in a UV LED light. (And the nails have held up
> beyond the 2 weeks).
> So has Wooshka. And, no doubt, a number of other users in here.
> And apart from NSI literature, various sites supporting NSI products online
> also state that Polish Pro cures under LED. They're easy to find.
>
> Even the official NSI Aussie site says it:
> http://www.nsinails.com.au/epages/nsns14...H%20PRO%22
>
> Granted, though, it depends on what sort of wavelength your LED light is on
> but, overall, from what I have seen and done, Polish Pro can actually be cured
> with LED technology.
>
> So if you are challenging this, then it might be something that you could clear
> up in the company so that consumers of NSI products are better informed?

We'll certainly try to do that. I can assure you that it has been communicated to our distributors that Polish Pro is formulated for UV. I wouldn't encourage anyone to try it with LED, because there is a greater risk that it won't cure properly. We tested it with a few LED lamps and we weren't satisfied with the results to say that Polish Pro is LED compatible.
Will the new Gel Pro cure under LED UV?
NancySyd :
> Will the new Gel Pro cure under LED UV?

The "Gel Pro" we are testing is UV/LED compatible.

sobeit

I am going to Challange it, I am kinda turned off by the odd approach of these put ya in your place discussions. So here goes. I DO NOT see anywhere on the polish pro site nor in the directions for use that it's cures in any LED light. Only UV and the recommended versa cure unit.
I may just be considered stupid again but I looked and here are the directions. It seems to me there is just a more polite way to talk to each other here.

http://www.nsinails.com/uploads/productDocs/248.pdf
If an NSI Director of marketing comes on to say its not LED compatable, I for one would take their word for it. Maybe that's just me.
I will retract my statement of saying yes it cures in LED.

If NSI have done the tests and their results show it is best cured under UV, then this is what I will back 100%.

I think it boils down to that yes it probably does/would cure in LED but this does not mean the cure in thorough or correct, so to ensure the service is correct we should only cure under UV and this way we know we are offering the full correct service.

As techs this is what is about, making sure we offer our clients the full correct service so we know, they know and our insurance knows that we are not messersSmile

As already stated, the new Gel Pro (which is awesome by the waySmile has been tested with both UV and LED, so again, we must go on the test results and use it correctly.
NSI and all top notch companies, spend mega bucks testing and trialing there products to make sure us techs can offer our clients products that last the distance.
Quote:I am going to Challange it, I am kinda turned off by the odd approach of these put ya in your place discussions. So here goes. I DO NOT see anywhere on the polish pro site nor in the directions for use that it's cures in any LED light. Only UV and the recommended versa cure unit.
I may just be considered stupid again but I looked and here are the directions. It seems to me there is just a more polite way to talk to each other here.

I am beginning to think you just like to pick fights, Sobeit. But I tend not to feed trolls so if you're expecting an explosive rebuttal, then you're out of luck with me, I'm afraid.

You really need to read what I've written before you launch yourself into a tizz. No one is saying you are stupid - only you are - but you do make yourself look that way with this continued type of behaviour you are eliciting lately. I understand business is slow for you but there's no need to take it out on other posters, particularly those who write with good intentions.

Firstly, I worded what I consider to be a polite reply to a representitive of the manufacturer whose products I use and I did so only because official literature seems to be out of synch with what she is reporting. Naturally, as a communications professional one would think that such notification would be pertinent given that consistency of information is important in marketing and I was merely alerting her to this. Please note that I also wrote "if" she was challenging, not that she was. That's kinda significant Smile As you can see, Jessie has responded in kind and, as such, there endeth the lesson. I don't see where you come in.

Furthermore, please note that I also included links in what I was writing rather than just saying I "saw it somewhere" as certain people are wont to do. These links lead to bonafide sites representing NSI which send a mixed message about NSI's product.

I hope that makes my point clearer for you.

Thanks for the response and the heads up, Jessie.
And thanks for the original question, Anna!

sobeit

I believe it's you looking to put us all in our place or argue your point over and over and over if we tend to see it another way. This is on you, not me. I'm done with the way you talk, so I won't be responding to you anymore. I have pretty much had enough.
PS do not make assumptions about me, my character, my business or anything you think about me. You are always riding a very high horse when telling us all how wrong we are, that's not me, that's you. It's very very rude of you to assume that I am upset business is slow and I am so pissed you thin you have a right to talk that way to me. I have a friggen broken foot, recent surgery, the loss of my pet and I have been nothing but professional and homorus. And when I back up my friends and fellow techs against what YOU express strongly is poor judgement that doesn't make me argumentative, it make you look that way. And by the way Toothypegs, how dare you tell me I look stupid. I am so over you and your friggen horse. You do not know me, so don't take it upon yourself to talk like you do.
Quote:I believe it's you looking to put us all in our place or argue your point over and over and over if we tend to see it another way. This is on you, not me. I'm done with the way you talk, so I won't be responding to you anymore. I have pretty much had enough.
PS do not make assumptions about me, my character, my business or anything you think about me. You are always riding a very high horse when telling us all how wrong we are, that's not me, that's you. It's very very rude of you to assume that I am upset business is slow and I am so pissed you thin you have a right to talk that way to me. I have a friggen broken foot, recent surgery, the loss of my pet and I have been nothing but professional and homorus. And when I back up my friends and fellow techs against what YOU express strongly is poor judgement that doesn't make me argumentative, it make you look that way. And by the way Toothypegs, how dare you tell me I look stupid. I am so over you and your friggen horse. You do not know me, so don't take it upon yourself to talk like you do.

Well it's not us, Sobeit. You mean you. If you're going to raise a shovel then at least call it a shovel. I'm sorry if you feel that I am writing in a manner to which you are not accustomed but I remain polite towards you regardless of the tone and content of your responses to me and others.

I have assumed nothing about you but have simply gleaned what I know of your situation from what you yourself have actually written in various threads. I have simply repeated it by way of reference and have done so as an understanding not as a cheap shot which you appear to imply. It's hard running a business at the best of times and I can appreciate this moreso when you have the challenges you have and sometimes this can bleed out into the forum. I was merely drawing your attention to your behaviour in this regard.

Might I gently point out that this thread isn't about you.

It's about what has turned out to be a very informative question that I have learned from.

I was under the impression that NSI approved its Polish Pro as a UV LED cured product. And here I was happily curing away doing something that I should not have been doing (I'm not a fan of mixing systems, going against the manufacturer's recommendations etc).

Thanks to the information Anna's question brought forward, I know that this is now not the case and this is very helpful to my practice.

And that's really all there is to it.

I hope your day gets better.

Big Grin

sobeit

I have a suggestion or a polite request. Toothypegs, you should click your profile and then click all posts made by (yourself) and read them. They are 90% confrontational or coming across as putting one in whatever place you think they belong. And you call me a troll? Hmm..

Back to the question. I stick with Jessie and the entire NSI site so far as I can find there is no direction to use Polish Pro in the LED units. In the magazines they had the polish pro vs gel pro ad, Gel Pro says both lights will cure it.
It's rare I comment these days because lil Peggy you always have a comeback. But everytime I read a thread there you are telling people off or getting all defensive and snarly.
Peggy can you read? BEcause I don't see you engaging your literacy skills before you mouth off.
I don't see anything rude in what other posters are trying to tell you. They even provide backup and yet you refuse to read it and blindly trawl through guff to make yourself heard. And what you're saying is not even relevant now because the thread has run its course so why continue?
Rather than continually make yourself a right nuisance why don't you wander off and occupy yourself with something worthwhile rather than stick around and bait people. Like work on your business than be in here 24/7 monitoring people's opinions. I read in your other post that you said you weren't going to respond and yet here you are gobbing off again. And again. And again. And it's boring. I can see why people don't interract in the threads you're in because you just hog the opinion polls and make life difficult for readers.
I daresay you wouldn't say wot you say in real life because someone would knock your block off so you vent your obvious frustrations in here. Your life might be miserable outside but please keep it outside. We don't need to wear it and we should not have to put up with it. We are adults participating in a forum for EVERYONE not just you the Mrs Brilliant Nail Technician of the Century. I find it sad that you seem to be so desperate for attention.
Put your manners back in please and take a look at the forum rules while you're at it. You are making this forum a very unpleasant place to visit.

And for heaven's sake grow up and move on!
I appreciate that Toothypegs has pointed out some inconsistencies in our communications and I've taken steps to address that. I also appreciate Sobeit's continued support of our products and her enthusiasm for the nail business. I hope I've cleared up any confusion and I hate that this thread as has caused some friction. Group hug anyone??
Thanks for the info Jesse! I do plan on purchasing some of that Gel Pro it looks amazing!!

On a different note. Let us all follow the golden rule. If you dont have something nice to say then dont say it at all!!! LOL sorry i had to get a momism in for the day.

And Roo i dont think putting someone down looks very nice to others. And we should remember anyone can read these threads. Someones opinion doesnt deserve put downs. Just MHO

Have a fun day Smile

sobeit

Roo I will ask you back, can you read? Its not just this thread. Good thing is I don't care who your are or what you think. I can see how many people I interact with in a positive way and if you can count so do you. Anyhoo moving on from your character attacks. Feel free to follow the profiles and see who is saying what. Toodles.

Polish pro is great and I will support it anytime.
Hi Everyone. I'm rarely on the boards these days, so I have a basic question about Polish Pro, and I apologize if this question has been exhausted. Is polish pro similar to Shellac or Gelish, or is it more like Eco?

This board has been a great help to me after getting back in the business after a ten year hiatus. I've seen a lot of "mean girl" type of behavior over the past few years on this site. It's ridiculous. Can you imagine a bunch of guys getting into a pissing contest on a plumbers blog? We really need to keep are emotions in check and stay postive and professional.

sobeit

Quote:BellaNails17 :
> Hi Everyone. I'm rarely on the boards these days, so I have a basic question
> about Polish Pro, and I apologize if this question has been exhausted. Is
> polish pro similar to Shellac or Gelish, or is it more like Eco?
Polish pro is more like Shellac and Gelish as it has solvents in it, although their formula is even more different that the other two.
Their new product Gel Pro coming soon will be like eco a gel + Pigment polish replacement, only much thinner ( like nail polish ) and will be in bottle form. I have heard great things about it and cannot wait for it to come. They also have renew drops if the original formula of Polish Pro gets thicker. That I love.
Pages: 1 2