BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Sooo tired of defending my profession..........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everytime the subject of nails is brought up on any other message board, I end up defending acrylic nails because of all the stories of people that went to the chop shops!! I am so SICK of trying to explain that acrylics DO NOT tear up your nails, that improperly trained nail techs do! But I will, because I don't want them thinking that that is the way I operate. I know my state (Missouri) has a state board, and inspectors and rules, but that seems to make no difference. I'm just tired of it! Thanks- vent over......... Smile
It's like trying to educate people on what gel really is. They go to chop shops and get a full set of acyrlics and are told it's gel and that "white powder is gel, pink powder is acrylic". My nail table has a permanent dent from me beating my head against it.
ColleenNY :
> It's like trying to educate people on what gel really is. They go to chop shops
> and get a full set of acyrlics and are told it's gel and that "white powder
> is gel, pink powder is acrylic". My nail table has a permanent dent from me
> beating my head against it.

Oh my, that's a new one I haven't heard yet! Confusedhock: I once finally gave up trying to explain to a new client that her existing nails weren't "porcelain"............ :roll: I wanted to smack her and say "did they bake your hands in a kiln?" Geez........
Ugh. I feel your frustration. My favorite is when they blame the previous tech or the acrylic for their nails "hurting" after they've gone five or six weeks between fills and they've bitten three nails off, or better yet, they forget altogether that their nails were trashed and missing when they came in and blame me for it :roll:
Oh, another one: "they used a tool to remove my acrylics. They slid it between my real nail and the fake one and IT HURT SO BAD and some of them bled...but I sat there and let them finish".

(cuz I didnt feel like waiting for you to get an opening to have them removed properly and I'm a foolish idiot who likes pain....oh and please dont hurt me when you redo my nails, they're very sore)....
totally agree.. send them to beautytech.INFO and let them read what professionals say.. I am working on updating the site and consolidating the info.. if any one has any articles thy'd like to add please send it over
wkdwich :
> totally agree.. send them to beautytech.INFO and let them read what professionals
> say.. I am working on updating the site and consolidating the info.. if any
> one has any articles thy'd like to add please send it over

THAT is a genius idea. Especially since most of these "problem children" are people I work with and should know better anyway...

BornToBling

I have had a client come in and tell me they had acrylics done before, and that the tip was gel...it was nail polish...regular nail polish....
Well, things like this make it even harder for nail techs, especially when claims come from those in the industry.

http://www.newbeauty.com/dailybeauty/entry.aspx?id=5342
i still think the best one i have seen... is a nss tech that had pre done the acrylic on the nail tips, sold them at a higher price and was selling them to diy-ers for something like $80 for 20 nail tips...everyone seriously thought that they were some new special nail tip....UGH!!! he had a name for the tips but i dnt recall what it was.
Michie :
> Well, things like this make it even harder for nail techs, especially when
> claims come from those in the industry.
>
> http://www.newbeauty.com/dailybeauty/entry.aspx?id=5342

Michie, this stuff makes me nuts.. I hope my post is approved..