BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Hi From Montreal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Anonymous

Hi,

My name is Victoria (duuhhhhh :wink: ). When I was 16, I earned my 'DEP' (Diplome D'etudes Professionel translates to mean 'Professional Studies Diploma recognized by Gov't here) in Hairdressing, beauty care & esthetiques. I was a hairdresser, but left the business as my knees couldn't take it, and nor could the skin on my hands.
For several years, I worked in offices UGH and missed the beauty industry. I still did hair and makeup for friends, family, weddings anda couple of small local fashion shows & 2 theatrical productions in my spare time.
I also started wearing artificial nails at 16. Eventually, I took a course because it was cheaper to do myself than to pay for it. From there, started doing family and friends.......weddings......
I've been doing Gel/Resin's (very popular in Montreal) for probably about 12 years or so.
Recently, after having 2 children, my hubby and I decided that it would be best for us as a family if I stayed home with the girls.
Sooooo to make my own play money, I decided to start a home business.
Artificial nails.
Within the last month, I have learned how to do Uv Gel's and am now starting to offer it to one client at a time (until my time speeds up a bit).
I'm having a BLAST.

I intend to add more and more to my business, and gradually educate myself as much as possible. Nail art is my passion, I LOVE it.

I'm looking forward to one day, when the girls go to school, to doing this full time from home.
But, until that time, I'll watch it slowly grow.
I've had an idea.
Eventually, my client list should be such that I can start adding 8hr days as opposed to just doing evenings (6-10pm) and when that time comes, and I hire a 'mother's helper' to watch the girls, I may even offer the 'babysitting services' to clients. For a few extra dollars, their children can be taken care of while they get their nails done.
It's an idea I am toying with.
We'll see.......

Looking forward to learning from all of you that have been in the business awhile.

Hugs
V