BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: UV Lamps question regarding heat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two UV Lamps: 1 from a highly recommended company and one that works fine but cost much less. Although I am planning to get a second one of the first mentioned I have a question comparing the two.

The first one is a 90sec, no other options, lamp and the second is a 120 sec or 90 sec.

The first one generates or holds heat. In other words when doing a service I have the client use one hand in one and other hand in other.

Why is there 'heat' from the first one? Is it because it is lower profile/compact? Is it the higher quality bulbs?

OR

Conversely, why is the less expensive one not?
..any ideas?
Nail Raising :
> I have two UV Lamps: 1 from a highly recommended company and one that works
> fine but cost much less. Although I am planning to get a second one of the
> first mentioned I have a question comparing the two.
>
> The first one is a 90sec, no other options, lamp and the second is a 120 sec
> or 90 sec.
>
> The first one generates or holds heat. In other words when doing a service
> I have the client use one hand in one and other hand in other.
>
> Why is there 'heat' from the first one? Is it because it is lower profile/compact?
> Is it the higher quality bulbs?
>
> OR
>
> Conversely, why is the less expensive one not?

I would say, yes, the lamp that produces the higher intensity of UV light, produces more heat.

It's not just the bulbs. It's also the size of the lamp and the placement of the bulbs.
I've got a lamp that will generate a lot of heat if I keep it on all the time. I'll do a lot of partial cure to freeze the nails, using the 10 second button on mine. That way it's not on all the time. I've had clients complain it gets too hot over a prolonged period of time if I just leave it on constantly to keep from having to restart it repeatedly.
i think the ballasts have some to do with the heat production myself. try getting a lamp with a fan built in it.