BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Gelish 18G!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all! Just got my 18G light! I can't wait to use it on my client tonight at 7:30 ;-) I am very impressed just playing with it ;-) I'll let you all know what my client thinks! Also if it works well with mani-q gel polish.
Kel
Ok! I see a lot of you have read this ;-) I used it and absolutely loved it! I questioned my client throughout... I asked her if it got hot, as I saw someone posting that it did... She said no... A little warm but comfortable. I have the Young Nails LED lamp and use that for toes, I love that lamp... But this one is a completely different monster. It has good weight to it, the sensor works awesome and the magnetic bottom is great for cleaning or for toes.

You obviously can't paint the other hand In 5 seconds for the base or 30 seconds for the color or top coat... But she liked the fact she could take her hand out and rest it while I finished the other one. So for my first use I give it a big thumbs up! Didn't see any downsides to it at all.

Hope some of you who still use Gelish get to check out this lamp! Next I'm going to try and use Mani-Q color in it. I'll let y'all know how that works ;-)

Have a fabulous evening!
Thanks for this review.

I was considering purchasing the 18G for my gel toe setup until I read the other review that said the unit ran very hot. Now I may reconsider purchasing two of these.

If you can share any other experiences I would really appreciate hearing about it. I use the great Light Elegance lamps for curing gels, but my clients sure have a hard time getting their toes in that lamp.

I was looking for something more user friendly for pedicuring and was hoping these lamps would be a solution - and I could finally get some LED lamps in the process.

Jan
propeditech :
> Thanks for this review.
>
> I was considering purchasing the 18G for my gel toe setup until I read the
> other review that said the unit ran very hot. Now I may reconsider purchasing
> two of these.
>
> If you can share any other experiences I would really appreciate hearing about
> it. I use the great Light Elegance lamps for curing gels, but my clients sure
> have a hard time getting their toes in that lamp.
>
> I was looking for something more user friendly for pedicuring and was hoping
> these lamps would be a solution - and I could finally get some LED lamps in
> the process.
>
> Jan

Hi Jan! After I read the other review I was a bit Leary too. But the supplier has a 30 day money back return policy, so I figured what the heck! I am very impressed with it, as are my clients. I know the LE lamps you're talking about, yes they are so small!!! What's really nice about this one is you can remove the bottom to clean it, or keep it off for gel toes. I'm using it for nails only as I already have the Young Nails LED and I love it for gel toes because it's so light weight. The 18G has a bit if weight to it.
If I have any orher input to add as I continue to use it I'll post. But it's awesome! Take care ;-)
I am doing a Gel course, and looking at lamps to get, i saw the 18 G Led lamp for about 300 pounds, I have been looking else wear and have been seeing a lot of smaller Led lamps for under a 100, whats the difference? Will they still work as effectively?
LOVE IT! I take this thing out of the box, plug it in and try to turn it on... I am like "where the hell is the on button". So I start holding down the 5 second button cos that'll do it... bahahahaha. A sensor! Genius, love it. The eye guard thing is wonderful. GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!