BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Every one of my bottles of Gelac has hardened up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to use my Gelac today on toes and both my pink and white had hardened up! I checked the rest of my colors and all the colors are hardened up too!!! I keep them out of sunlight in a dark room. Most of the colors are brand new and have only been used to paint a color wheel. What the heck is going on?? I have my Shellac in the same room and they're all fine.

Any one else having these problems? What a waste of money!

That sucks Colleen. Did you contact the company? I'd be curious to know what they say. Are their bottles see through? I don't keep my bottles of Shellac out of the light and have no issues. Didn't know you weren't suppose to have them out to display.
They have discontinued gelac and gelez they are coming out with new gel called tru gel.
They are in white bottles, and aren't see through. I did contact them and waiting to hear back.
Colleen, I have a few bottles, I just checked them now. Two bottles that were given to me back in the spring to test, have dried up. The other three are still soluble but I suspect they will dry up as well. I don't use these anyway since I didn't like the product or the durability when it first launched. I hope their new gel polish product is better than Gelac.
I am having great luck with Gelac... lasting three weeks and more depending on the client. I haven't had any polish bottles dry up - but have heard of some in my area that have. They returned it and got replacement bottles with no further problems. I will be definitely trying their new line.... Just Gel. I suspect it will work as well, probably better. Without some having the drying out problem.

On a side note.. .the lady who runs the ibd facebook page messaged me and said that she is not aware the gelac is being discontinued. I told her about the email I got saying it was and she wanted to followup with that person because they gave out false information. I suspect that they aren't ready to SAY that they are discontinuing it - but probably will in the near future. That's just my opinions.
Is the glass of the bottles clear glass? White paint alone will not stop UV light entering the gel. With darker gel colors it is less of a problem as the gel cures on the inside surface of the bottle and stops further UV light entering the rest of the gel. But if the gel color is light or clear (such as base and top coat), then nothing stops the light curing the whole bottle.

There are two remedies. One is to coat the bottle with a UV filter coat - which is what I think Harmony does (which is how the window works), the other solution is to use amber colored glass.
Bob, the bottles look exactly like the Gelish bottles, without the window. They have the white coating on them, with a label.
Bob - all the colors are hardened - light and dark. The bottles arent even exposed to light except my room light - a standard 60 watt bulb.
I have a couple of both Gelac and Gelez. Both are from the same manufacturer. The two Gelez bottles I have did dry up also.
Yep I have to add my 2 cents~~~~
ONLY brand worth anything seems to be shellac. Might as well spend the extra bucks,the shellac's at my salon are still good as new.

All the gelac and gia we had became thick and useless ... this is under a year and proper storage. They suck.

(Cant say anything about OPI , but I trust it will be high quality like shellac and cant wait for the release of those colors!)

sobeit

I wouldnt go as far as saying shellac is the only one worth it. I have sone older bottles of shellac that are pretty thick. Eco will never harder or thicken over time ( no solvents like shellac ). My old bottles of polish pro are still fine and those are a mix. My Gelish isn't old enough to say. I hope they replace your bottles with their new ones, or refund your money.
hahaha, i chucked the gia and gelac in the trash and never looked back...i got a new job and im on comm. so the shellac is supplied --I couldnt be happier. Big Grin
I had 2 bottles of this and they both did the same. Threw them in the trash and called it lesson learned. Not ordering from them again. jmo
i called eznails in garden grove, and told them and they returned the product.. i did not even purchase from them so they gave me a credit for my 5 bottles to purchase new product, they gave me a new product called gella and it works great
The SAME thing happened to my Gelac...I'm soooo over it. I'm going to sit back enjoy my Eco, and wait a year after the OPI stuff comes out and see how much you guys love it first before I open my wallet.