BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: drill on natural nails??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you guys use a drill to prep nails? If not do you just use a basic file or something else? I have tried using a file and it just doesn't seem to work so well, it seems like it damages the nail worse than a drill. When I use a drill I baaaarely turn it on so its going very very slow. I just feel like I get better accuracy with it.
Most acrylic products technology do not require filing on the natural nail at all any more. Dehydrate the nail, prime (if the product requires it) and apply.
What product do you use?

Nail Raising :
> Most acrylic products technology do not require filing on the natural nail
> at all any more. Dehydrate the nail, prime (if the product requires it) and
> apply.
I love the little diamond bit I get fron Gel Essentialz. Im drawing a black to what its call, but I use it for all my acrylic prep.
I use a buffing block on the natural nail. To me they seem to remove the shine well without scratching the nail. I cut them in quarters to save $.

sobeit

Big Grin No drills, we electric file, for next time. Drilling sounds mean. Anyhoo I use my efile and hand file depending on my mood. I have bits for all kinds of natural nail care all the way up to carbide bits for shaving down acrylics and gels. My elderly clients prefer the electric file as it less movement when reducing length.

I use an e-file for doing cuticle work when I do fills or gel polish. You certainly can use an e-file. The key is, as you pointed out, to be very careful. Remember it isn't just the speed that is important, it is also what bit you are using and how much pressure when putting the bit onto the nail. HTH!!