BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: The Best LED light?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for the most economical and best preforming LED light I can get. Also, I have read conflicting post about weather LED cures Shellac or not. Also, wondering if it cures Akzentz Gel?
Bump....

sobeit

Quote:Right now LED lamps are fairly product specific due to the amount of Photo initiators in the gel or SOGP's. So one LED lamp will cure one product nicely while the next product may get a heat spike, or not fully cure. I wish they were more universal, and they may get that way in the end but right now it's a little iffy as to who's Lamp will cure what brands. I hope that made sence. I just had a great conversation with Suzanne from Harmony about the LED Technology. And before anyone says yes but she works for Harmony, she also informed that any quality 36 watt UV will cure Gelish so it's not really about line loyal sales. With that said, the cost of replacing your UV bulbs right now will be a little less in the long term vs the 5 year life of the LED which needs fully replaced at the end. I was thinking about getting the OPI LED but changed my mind as all the gels and gel polishes, uv cured top coats, uv tackless sealer, cure In UV and I don't want multiple lamps.
Also Shellac only cures in 36 watt uv. Someone tried LED and the colors don't cure.
sobeit :
>
Quote:Right now LED lamps are fairly product specific due to the amount of
> Photo initiators in the gel or SOGP's. So one LED lamp will cure one product
> nicely while the next product may get a heat spike, or not fully cure. I wish
> they were more universal, and they may get that way in the end but right now
> it's a little iffy as to who's Lamp will cure what brands. I hope that made
> sence. I just had a great conversation with Suzanne from Harmony about the
> LED Technology. And before anyone says yes but she works for Harmony, she also
> informed that any quality 36 watt UV will cure Gelish so it's not really about
> line loyal sales. With that said, the cost of replacing your UV bulbs right
> now will be a little less in the long term vs the 5 year life of the LED which
> needs fully replaced at the end. I was thinking about getting the OPI LED but
> changed my mind as all the gels and gel polishes, uv cured top coats, uv tackless
> sealer, cure In UV and I don't want multiple lamps.
>
> Also Shellac only cures in 36 watt uv. Someone tried LED and the colors don't
> cure.

Good point....it makes sense to not have multiple lights if standard UV lamps will cure gels still.
I have 2 uv lamps .I change the bulbs around 4 months .I get the bulbs that goes with the lamps--- young nails bulbs around 50.00..3 times a year that's 150.00 also a cnd lamp bulbs 40.00 that's 120 so that 270 a year. Just got the homorny led around 330.00 so for me the led will paid for itself. After you use one you will hate the 3 mintues wait on the uv .Still trying the homorny 20 second hard gel out so far I like it but want to see if it hold up. Only need 1 led by the time the 20 second is done i am not quite done with the other hand.

sobeit

All UV will cure gels and SOGP and sealants. So it's not really about me talking anyone out of LED for price, or talk you out of it at all. I don't have an interest in what anyone uses for curing. But I do know that while UV will cure all. LED will not, it will also not cure all LED products the same. So if you get on, and you have several brands of LED cured product, there is no guarantee they will cure in that one lamp you have.
I only mention the cost because it was mention here. All I am doing is telling what is working or noting working for me. I know that the led lamp want cure all the gel I have and that one led lamp may not cure all my led gel the same....that is also why I play around with it to see how it works on different products .but I am a product junkie...

sobeit

Im a total product junky as well. This is why I soooooo hope that the LED technology will become more universal. I am all for not having to change bulbs. Maybe someday. Big Grin
Elaine Watson recently posted pics on FB of the new lamp from Star Nail that she developed. It's a LED/UV combo lamp and will be priced at $200. I'm buying that one. I think it should be out by the end of the year.

sobeit

Quote:naildiva :
> Elaine Watson recently posted pics on FB of the new lamp from Star Nail that
> she developed. It's a LED/UV combo lamp and will be priced at $200. I'm buying
> that one. I think it should be out by the end of the year.
Uh oh, I think I am in heaven! Thank you for that info.
Yes Elaine Watson designed a lamp that will cure any manufaturers uv or led product. It is beautiful...has two timers and the removable bottom to do feet..and it will be under $200. We should have them in stock in about 8 weeks!
Yes, indeed, sometime in the next 4-6 weeks we will have a brand new UV/LED Lamp for under $200!! I spoke to Elaine Watson late last week and she is very excited about this new lamp.

All UV will cure gels and SOGP and sealants. So it's not really about me talking anyone out of LED for price, or talk you out of it at all. I don't have an interest in what anyone uses for curing. But I do know that while UV will cure all. LED will not, it will also not cure all LED products the same. So if you get on, and you have several brands of LED cured product, there is no guarantee they will cure in that one lamp you have.

sobeit

saroy123 I am confused as to the copy and paste of my earlier reply?
I am very interested in the LED/UV duo lamp that has been talked about in this post. Does anyone know if this is out yet, or who to contact for more information?

Thank you!
There's a really good article in the recent edition of Nails magazine about the differences in LED and UV lamps, how they work etc. Well worth a read.