BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: OPI - SOG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone tell me when OPI is coming out with their SOG (bottle). One ad said summer anothre ad said Fall.. What is the difference between this and the Shellac/Gelish?

sobeit

I hope its summer but I will wait until fall with a mild pout. I am not sure about the difference as I don't see the ingredients. But I have gotten wind from a bird that it will most likely be like Gelish. A gel with pigment and not like shellac which is Polish with Gel.
I am really looking forward to adding some of the most popular colors my clients know to my already large collections of 4 brands of SOGP I already tote around.
Industry Source Catalog say's Late Fall. Looking forward to the new product. I use Shellac now but to be honest my client nor I are to happy with the lack of color options. Opi is bring some of theit most popular colors out in this new product. I'm on the hunt for the LED light needed. Indusrty Source is retailing OPI's LED light for $399.99 YIKES!!
GirlyGirlspaonthego :
> Industry Source Catalog say's Late Fall. Looking forward to the new product.
> I use Shellac now but to be honest my client nor I are to happy with the lack
> of color options. Opi is bring some of theit most popular colors out in this
> new product. I'm on the hunt for the LED light needed. Indusrty Source is retailing
> OPI's LED light for $399.99 YIKES!!

Yeah but how many uses can you use the LED for? I've seen some advertised as "a million uses" so I think in the long run they might pay off? Smile And besides, let's not forget, gels are kinda going the way of LED's now....(curing).

sobeit

Right now LED lamps are fairly product specific due to the amount of Photo initiators in the gel or SOGP's. So one LED lamp with cure one product nicely while the next may get a heat spike, or not fully cure. I wish they were more universal, and they may get that way in the end but right now it's a little iffy as to who's Lamp will cure what brands. I hope that made sence. I just had a great conversation with Suzanne from Harmony about the LED Technology
And before anyone says yes but she works for Harmony, she also informed that any quality 36 watt UV will cure Gelish so it's not really about line loyal sales. With that said, the cost of replacing your UV bulbs right now will be a little less in the long term vs the 5 year life of the LED which needs fully replaced at the end. I was thinking about getting the OPI LED but changed my mind as all the gels and gel polishes, uv cured top coats, uv tackless sealer, cure In UV and I don't want multiple lamps.